(Chapter) unknown

Emma's POV-

No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't go back to sleep. I tossed and turned, and tried counting sheep, but nothing worked. 

I inhaled deeply out of frustration before throwing my now messed-up covers off of me. 

I crawled out of bed and walked to the bathroom to wash the grainy feeling out of my eyes and the sticky sweat off of my face. 

I pushed closed the door and flicked the light on, which made my eyes burn. 

I turned on the cold water and splashed it on my face before grabbing my face-cleanser for acne and blackheads. 

There are so many reasons I hate being a teenager. Which reminds me, my eighteenth birthday is coming up soon. 

Once I rinsed the wash off of my face and patted dry the cool water dripping off my skin, I stepped out of the bathroom and went back to my room to pick out a somewhat cute outfit for the day, and for the date I'm planning taking Brody on. 

I put on a pair of lightwash jeans and a black T-shirt. 

I tiptoed down the stairs, careful not to wake the others, and went into the kitchen. I grabbed an apple, and decided I would make breakfast around nine O' clock for everyone. 

I looked at the clock on the microwave, and mentally groaned when it read, 3:47. 

I sat on one of the stools by the island and started eating the apple. I thought about litterally everything imaginable, hoping the time would pass sooner that it was. 

***

I cracked an egg over the black pan and then turned my attention to the silver pan that was sizzling with bacon. 

I flipped the bacon, then I opened the oven to check on the buscuits that were baking. They were a perfect golden color, so I put on an oven mit, then pulled the pan out of the oven and set it on the counter. 

"Perfect." I smiled happily at my work, and pulled out a glass bowl to put the buscuits in. I sturred the gravy that was simmering in the pot on one of the back burners. 

"Who says you can't multitask?" I asked myself, smiling a bit. 

I don't know why people don't laugh at my jokes, I'm legit the funniest person on earth. 

I turned off the burner that had the bacon on it, and put the bacon on a plate that had a paper towel on it. 

"Now I just need the eggs." I said, and sighed, leaning over the counter, the scent of the food in the kitchen filling my nostrils and leaving a delightful after scent. 

"Since when do you make breakfast? Or cook period?" I heard a male's voice ask, and I turned to meet a pair of bright green eyes that were glowing with humour and joy. 

"I thought I would make this a special occasion. By the way, I planned a special date for the two of us tonight, since, you know, we aren't normal couples and don't normally go out on dates." I said, and he chuckled walking over to me. 

I turned to flip the egg and then turned back. 

"Sounds great." He smiled. 

"Who's  making breakfast?" I looked around Brody, and met a pair of green eyes that looked really similar to the ones that were right in front of me. 

"I am Anna. I thought I'd make it a special occasion since there's been so much going on lately." I said, and she smiled, walking over towards Brody and I. 

Her eyes were still red and swollen, telling me she had been crying this morning too. 

"Thank you sweetie." She said, and kissed my forehead. I gave her a small hug, and she walked over to the fridge and got out the carton of orange juice. 

"Can you poor me a glass too mom?"  Brody asked, smiling at her, his eyes pleading and hopeful. 

She rolled her eyes, "You can get your own drink." She left the kitchen, leaving me and Brody alone once more. 

He stuck his bottom lip out and looked at me. 

"You big baby. Get your own OJ, I'm cooking breakfast." I said, and he chuckled. 

"You mean you're burning breakfast."

I turned around and looked at the now charred, smoking egg.

"Crap." I grabbed an oven mit, slid my hand in it, picked up the pan, and dumped the egg in the trash. 

"Shut up you idiot." I said grumpily. 

And then I immediately felt guilt wash over me. His dad just freaking died, and I called him an idiot!

"Sorry Brody." I said, and I rested my head against his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and rested his chin on the top of my head. 

"Don't sweat it." He said, but I could hear the sadness in his voice. We were having a good time, until I had to go and ruin it. 

***

"Thanks for cooking breakfast baby girl." My mom said, shoving a forkful of egg in her mouth.

"No problem." I said, cringing at the name, 'baby girl'. 

"Yeah baby girl, thanks." Brody said, laughing hysterically at my reaction to it. 

I kicked his chin under the table and he flashed me a glare. I grinned at him mennacingly. 

"Okay guys, enough." Anna said, smiling at the two of us. 

"You guys are so cute together." My mom and Anna said in sync, and Brody and I looked at eachother, both flushe with embarrasment. 

"Mom!" Brody and us whined in sync. We all really need to stop doing that before it gets any weirder than it already has. 

"This has been an amazing breakfast, but I'm going to go take a shower and get ready for our date tonight." I said, giving Brody a quick kiss on the forehead. 

"I can't wait for it." He said, flashing me a lopsided grin. 

***

This chapter was longer than normal. I hope you guys liked it, and I'll try and have the next chapter out ASAP.

Thanks for sticking by even though most of the time my updates are short, and it takes me forever to upload them.