Instantly Knocked Out

Emma's POV-

The police questioned us and then released us. It was a lot more simple than I had figured it would be. 

"I'm sorry about your Dad." Brody said, squeezing my hand reassuringly. I gave him a small smile before responding with a not-so-genuine smile. 

"It's alright. I'm sorry he pulled you into this mess too." I apologised, looking into his eyes. He shrugged, acting like everything that had happened to me was no big deal. I reached over and touseled his messy brown hair. He swatted my hand away playfully. We were both sitting on the couch watching some random movie that we picked out of boredom. This movie was seriously making me even more bored to be completely honest with you. 

"You can go upstairs and take a nap, you're obviously tired." Brody said, fixing the hair I had messed up more than it already was. 

"Are you sure?" I asked him, and he nodded, his eyes showing he's detirmined to do whatever it takes. I rolled my eyes and let out an exasperated sigh before going upstairs and getting in bed. 

I was out about as soon as my head hit the abnormally soft pillow, although maybe it's just because I was resting the knots I had on my head from the pitch fork being slammed into my head, along with all of the pulling and shoving my Dad accompanied me with. 

Brody's POV-

I was still angry as heck at that guy for hurting her the way he did; forget everything he did to me, she means more to me than my life does. 

"Are you okay Brody?" My mom asked me, taking the seat that was previously Emma's. "I know you didn't want me to bug you about this whole thing, but I'm your mother and you guys got kidnapped." Concern was laced completely through her voice. 

I gave her a small half-hearted smile. I'm emotionally and physically exhausted right now. "I'm fine mom, but I think I'm going to go to bed myself." I admitted, standing up and stressing my aching muscles. 

I groaned the entire time I walked up the stairs, each step was a challenge, seeing as I had trouble moving at this point. 

I got in bed and was instantly knocked out, my brain releasing every memory of what had happened, just for the while I was asleep anyway. 

______________________

And the winning number is five! Five more chapters and then an epilogue. Thanks for all those who have been commenting this entire chapter is dedicated to you! Even though it isn't much of a chapter.