Ella

Brody and I were sitting in the waiting room, Brody was tapping his fingers furiously against the small table beside his chair.

"Are you okay Em?" He asked, I couldn't tell if he was more worried about me or Ethan.

"Yeah I'm fine, but I don't know about Ethan though. Do you think he's going to live?" I asked. He sighed, running his hand through his messy hair.

Oddly, he looked more attractive with his hair a mess, then when it was done.

"I honestly don't know, but Ethan's strong, he's made it through everything before this." He finally said.

I ran my hand over my face and sighed.
"I'm hungry, can I have your keys so I can go to McDonald's?" I asked. He nodded, throwing me his keys.

"Do you want anything?" I asked.

"Nah, I'm fine. Get what you want." He said smiling weakly.

I got in the car and drove to McDonald's, engulfed in my thoughts. Is he really strong enough to make it through this?

I pulled into a parking spot and went inside. If Brody doesn't want anything, than I'm just going to eat at a table inside of the building.

I ordered a burger and ate, silently.

"Hey stranger." I looked up to see one of my old friends.

"Hey Ella." I said, giving her a half hearted smile.

"How are you doing?" She asked, whipping her hair off her shoulder.

"Right now, not so great. Ethan's in the hospital." Ella, Ethan and I used to hang out all the time. We would get called the E group a lot. Now it just seems stupid. But back then it was a major insult for some unknown reason.

"Oh no, is he okay?" She asked, her bubbly smile getting replaced by a worried frown.

"He got in a bad car accident, and I don't know if he's going to live or not." I said, the lump from earlier reforming inside of my throat.

She gasped, "Can I follow you to the hospital?" She asked. I nodded, and stood up.

She followed me to the hospital and then to the waiting room.

"Hey Em. Who's that?" Brody asked.

"This is Ella." I said, placing my hand on her shoulder.

"Why is Brody here?" She asked.

Then she gasped.

"Are you dating the bad boy?" She asked, starting to get excited. I smiled and nodded, and she would have screamed if I hadn't slapped my hand over her mouth.

Brody was smirking the entire time.

"Does she have a crush on me or something?" Brody asked.

"Brody!" I hissed. "I used to, but I'm totally over you." She was totally lying. When we would text every now and then, she would constantly asked me how Brody was and if he was still hot.

She didn't just have a crush on him, she was in love with him. But who wouldn't be though.