(Chapter) unknown

Brody's POV-

I sat there staring blankly at my wall.

I couldn't stop, her laugh was like a beautiful melody to me that just kept repeating itself inside of my head.

I started to massage my temples, and tried to think of something else.

Maybe I could get in touch with Melody again.

There was a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I called, a tiny voice in the back of my head telling me I wanted it to be Emma.

"Hey Brody. I got a call from the hospital saying they picked up Emma and she looked like she was in pretty bad shape. I know you guys haven't been talking, I thought I'd let you know anyway though." She said.

My heart was racing, pounding against my chest and threatening to burst out.

"I'm going to see her." I said, grabbing my keys off of my night stand and running to the door way.

"They said she's unconcious, they said she cracked her skull, and has other injuries that sent her into a coma." She said, and I started to panic and run as fast as I could to the car.

Screw us not being together. I can't live without her, and if she won't take me back, then I'll figure something out.

I got in the car and drove as fast as I could without any accidents to the hospital.

We Don't need anymore of us in the hospital, again....

I only just now noticed exactly how often we go to the hospital.

I'm an idiot for getting her involved in this crap, but I love her so much, I don't think I can let go.

I ran into the hospital, and went to the room the receptionist directed me to.

I opened the door, and my vision broke at the sight.

She was lying there deadly-still. Her shirt was lifted up over her stomach and I saw a big bruise.

I walked over next to her and sat in the chair by the bed.

I grabbed her hand gently, and gasped at her wrist. It had marks where someone had dug their nails in so deep, they drew blood.

I brought my other hand up to her cheek, and pressed it gently against her soft skin.

Her head bandage was soaked red where she had been bleeding.

I blinked back all the unshed tears and pressed my lips against hers.

I moved my lips carefully on her unmoving skin.

I removed my lips from hers and rested my head gently on her shoulder.

A lone tear drop rolled down my cheek and soaked a spot on her hospital gown.

I wrapped my arm around where her ribs are and closed my eyes.

Can we have a normal relationship, please?

Before I knew it, I had slipped into a deep sleep.

***

I woke up and looked at her body that was still in the same position as it was the night before.

I pressed my lips gently against hers once more before getting up so I could grab a cup of coffee.

Aiden's POV-

I walked into the empty room and looked at her frozen figure.

Her soft lips looking so bright-colored against her pale skin.

She looked so alone, so helpless.

I doubt that selfish idiot boyfriend of hers didn't bother to even show up. What a jerk.

Although, I don't really have room to talk, I wish I had never left her.

I walked over to the chair next to her bed and sat down.

I looked at her, and ran a hand through my blonde hair.

I looked at her lips, longing to have them against mine once more.

I leaned in without realizing it, not able to stop myself.

I pressed my lips against hers, but jerked back quickly once the door swung open.

"You." Brody hissed, taking a step towards the bed, his eyes scorching with fury.

"Man, I'm sorry. I missed her. Please, forgive me." I said, before smirking and standing up.

I walked over to him and he took another "threatening" step towards me.

He balled up his fists and clenched his jaw.

"I will tear you limb from limb, if you do that again so help me I will rip your lips off and shove them down your throat. Get out of here." He seethed.

I scoffed, "Yeah, like you could actually hurt me."

"You better be glad we're in a hospital, becau-" He got cut off by the doctor clearing his throat in the doorway.

"Get out of here." The doctor directed at me.

I raised my hands in surrender before leaving the room.

Brody's POV-

I glared furiously at Aiden's back as he dissapeared down the hospital halls.

"Brody, I know you've had a rough time, but you need to learn some self-control." The doctor, otherwise known as my uncle Gary, said.

"I know, but I can't stand him. He hurt Emma." I said, my mind blurring with anger at the thought.

"She really means a lot to you, doesn't she?" Uncle Gary asked.

"I love her more than anything. I'd take two dozen bullets for her if I had to." I said, and he nodded.

"I might be able to speed up the process of her waking up, if she wakes up." He said, smiling at first, but then turning sad.

"How?" I questioned.

"Her brain's reparing itself, but she can still hear you talk. Go tell her how you feel. Now don't get mad, but your mom told me everything that happened, go tell her you don't care if people try and hurt you, tell her you want her and need her anyway." He said, flashing me a dimpled smile before leaving the hospital room.

"Hey Emma," I sat down beside her bed and took her hand in my own. "I know we said we wanted to end this before we got too hurt, but I don't think I can live without you. You're the only thing keeping me here and out of trouble. Before you came back into my life, I was darkness, but when you entered my life, you were the sun, and you lightened my life. I'm a better person with you. Without you, I'd go back to not caring about anyone or anything. I need you, I want you, and I can't express that enough. If you go, you'll take my heart with you, and I can't live without my heart, now can I? Please come back, and don't leave me. I need you to come back to me." I finished by pressing the back of her hand against my lips.

"I love you Em." I said, smiling at the nickname I gave her so long ago. Before Ethan even started calling her it.

I rested my head against the back of my chair and closed my eyes.

If she doesn't come back to me, I'll never forgive myself for ignoring her the past few days.

I thought about her sweet smile, and that sparkle she gets in her eyes when she sees the people she loves. What made me hurt though, is the thought that the sparkle shined the most when she was around me.

***

These last few chapters have been so sad! Who else agrees with me?

Who else despises Aiden?

And who else has even more respect for Brody?

I want to order one, I wish I could find one on Ebay or something, but they're all outta stock 😢😭