The phone call

I woke up remembering the wedding, remembering Ethan and Brody talking, what were they saying?

I walked downstairs and sat on the couch waiting for either Brody or Ethan to wake up.

It seemed like forever before a tired bad boy slowly walked down the stairs.

"Goodmorning Em." He said, walking over to me and slinging an arm around me.

"What were you and Ethan talking about at the wedding?" I asked, jumping straight to the point.

He sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"The reason Ethan and I didn't like eachother back then, was because we both liked you. When Ethan told me you guys weren't dating, I litterally did a happy dance on the inside." He said, making me smile.

"But why did you start calling me Em?" I asked.

"When we were little, I called you Em first, but Ethan must have heard, because he started calling you Em." He said.

My heart dropped, I has been so confused as to why Brody would still Ethan's nickname for me, when in reality it was the other way around.

And then to make things worse, I got a call from an unknown number. I decided to answer it and see who it was.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"Emma? It's your father, your biological father." The man said.

There was something that made me believe him.
"Where are you?" I asked.

"I'm visiting the town you were born in, do you still live here?"

I gulped before responding.

"Yes."

"Meet me at Waterwind café." He said before hanging up.

I sat there, my mouth hanging open. What had just happened?

"Em? Emma what's wrong?" Brody asked, grabbing my hand. He looked both confused and concerned.

"That was my biological father." I said, my voice wavering.

I could hardly believe it. Mom was pregnant with me when he left. He must have known my name and where I was born to be able to find me.

Brody engulfed my in a big hug, but right now I was in so much shock, nothing could help me.