(chapter) unknown

"You two can go back in there. We ran some tests, and we are still unsure as to whether she'll wake up or not." The doctor said, once he stepped out of the room. 

"I have a question, do you know how this happened?" I asked him, and he furrowed his eyebrows together in thought, as if trying to recall what he had heard. 

"A man who is about six foot and not particularly skinny. Said his name is, uh, Blake I think." The moment he said that, I inhaled sharply, clenched my jaw, and balled up my fists so tight my knuckles turned ash white. 

"I need to take care of something. Maddy, you stay in there with Emma." I said, before turning and going to the elavator. 

I was in front of Emma's old house in a flash, wondering which limb I was going to rip off of him first. 

I pounded on the door, and I heard him say something once he saw me through the peep-hole. 

"Open up or I'll break this dang door down!" I seethed. I've been angry and sad so much these past few weeks it isn't funny. 

"Um, uh, I'm not home." Blake shouted, and I chuckled at the amount of stupidity this man holds. You'd think it would be easier for him to be smart than this dumb. 

"Blake, if you do not open this door, I will smash it in the same way I'm going to do you."I said in the calmest voice I could muster. 

He unlocked the door and opened it a crack. 

"Listening to me was your first mistake." I smirked before slamming the door the rest of the way and grabbing him by his shirt's collar. 

I cracked my knuckles, and jabbed him in the stomach, the same way he had done to her. He inhaled sharply before falling against the wall and sliding down. 

I smiled through gritted teeth and walked closer to him. 

"P-please, don't h-hit me again." He stammered, pressing himself completely against the wall. 

"You should be grateful I'm not crushing your head the same way you crushed hers." I said, my blood boiling with anger. 

"P-please man, I p-promise I won't touch her a-again." He stammered once more. 

"You better not. She'll be fortunate if she wakes up after this thanks to you. And you better believe I won't leave her side until she does. That girl is my life, and if I could take her spot right now, I would. I loathe you, and the fact you could hurt someone so innocent, and so sweet. I want to see you locked up in a cell, never to be opened again." I growled, my voice low and threatening. 

"Okay, I'm sorry, Brody." He said, his tone sounding genuine, but him being him, chances on that are low. 

I glared at him fiercely before leaving his house, making sure to slam the door so hard the picture frames rattled, along with the tables and such. 

***

I sat in the chair by her bed, a place I had been a lot lately. Her hand was in mine and I stroked the back of it gently. 

I stared at her lifeless expression and longed for her to be laughing and smiling, even crying again, I just wanted some sort of reaction out of her. 

I wanted to hold her in my arms, for her to be with me. 

Why do we keep going to the hospital? Why is everything so difficult with us? Why can't we just be allowed to be together? 

But I've learned no matter what kind of wringer they put us through, I'm not going to be able to let her go. 

I moved from the chair, to the side of the bed. There was enough space between her and the railing I could lie down. 

I layed against the bed and wrapped my arm around her carefully, making sure not to injure her further. 

I held her close to me, afraid that one day, I'll have to let her go and moved on with my life. 

I really messed up, didn't I? I wish I had never brought her into this mess, because if we were never together, we wouldn't need to deal with the pain of losing eachother. 

Even if I couldn't physically hold her close to me, there will always be a spot in my cold and tired heart, saved just for her. 

***

I hope you guys enjoyed this. I've been spending a lot of time writing these past few days, I'm sure you guys have been noticing, LOL. Thanks for reading.