Worth It

Requested by; FaithyGirlFCM

Batmom was a singer when she was a little girl.
Short.

-------------------

Being a mother was the hardest task you've ever done in your life but it was worth it. You get to watch your kids grow up, having a fight with Bruce and you (sometimes), died and came back to life, brainwashed by a crazy psychotic clown and threatened to kill you with his sword if you got any closer. Okay, maybe it was messed up.

You walked down the hall passing the boys' room to get to your shared one. When you were about to turn the door handle, pushing the damn door open, walk over to your bed and cuddle with your husband, you heard a small grunt from one of the boys'.

Recently they had a little nightmare, it would be a flashback their childhood until their biggest fear. Poor boys can't even sleep peacefully. You pushed the sad thoughts aside, focusing your ear as you walked back from where you had come and soon stopped in front of Jason's room.

You heard a little shuffling from inside, you didn't knock. You just opened the door and walked in seeing worry had clouded your mind. Sure, they weren't hurt physically but they were mentally scared for their lives, you only could tend the wounds in their hearts by stitching them up and you knew the stitches won't last long until it slowly opened back up. It also applies the same for Bruce.

You walked over to his bed after closing the door, sitting on the edge of the bed making it sank down just a little bit. Your eyes watched every cold sweat that ran down his face, his emerald eyes were closed shut with his eyebrows knitted. Your hand reached to touch his face, wiping the sweat with your sleeve.

Jason opened his eyes slowly, his eyes were bloodshot red. His irises glanced up at your smiling figure, he tried to steady his breath as he slowly sat up, panting as he did. He ran his fingers through his hair to brush his locks away from his line of vision.

"Another bad dream?" Your calm voice ringed in his ears as he nodded.

"Yeah." Jason answered, he leaned against the bed's headboard to support his still weak body. "Say, ma."

"Hm?"

"Have you ever missed your parents?"

You looked at him with sad eyes, your hunch was right that his dream contained a flashback of his childhood.

You kept the small motherly smile on your face, scooting your way closer to position yourself closer beside your boy. You draped your arm around his shoulder while your hand gently pushed his head down to rest on your shoulder and he let his head to laid on your shoulder as he stared blankly to the wall across the room.

"Yes, no matter how bad they were to me back then I missed them." You whispered as you stroke his hair.

Jason seemed to calm down and forgets his little nightmare, a small smile formed on his face. Enjoying your company. The room was silent, but not the awkward one. It was more like a bonding time between you and him until the other boys barged in with your exhausted husband following behind.

"Not fair." Damian was practically whining as he ran over you and jumped to your lap. Meanwhile Jason rolled his eyes, he lifted up his head from your shoulder involuntarily before he laid back down on the bed.

"They were looking for you." Bruce sighed out, Tim and Dick soon joined along then Bruce following. The boys were squishing their way so they could cuddle with you too. Bruce, on the other hand, dragged a chair so he could sit beside the bed.

"Me?"

"Oi, this poor bed can't fit all of you, get off!" Jason grunted out, he almost fell from the bed. The poor boy was ignored though which pissed him even more, he wanted to shove his brothers off his bed but he resists the urge to do so since he was too tired.

"Why you never tell us?" Tim suddenly questioned, his blue eyes twinkling under the lights.

You glanced at Bruce, he was just as confused as you. He shrugged and you looked back to your son. "Tell you what?"

"That you were a singer." Your lips parted as a small 'ah' escaped them, getting what they meant. You smiled slightly then chuckled at their confused faces.

"It wasn't that important."

Dick gasped, he was 'offended' by your statements. "You were my favorite singer! You sang about unicorns!"

And this time you blushed, from the corner of your eyes you saw Bruce smirking slightly. He knew it, that nocturnal bastard knew this would happen. You gave him a small glare, biting back a small groan of embarrassment.

"Yeah, I did." You forced a small laugh.

"Sing us a lullaby then." Damian suggested, breaking you from your little thoughts about your childhood.

You gave him a small nod and Damian positioned himself to get comfortable in your lap along with Tim beside him, Dick leaned against the bed's headboard with Jason copied his gesture. It was a little bit hard to move but damn it was worth it.

"Unicorns!" The oldest male chirped out of nowhere.

"No!"

The rest of the night was spent with you singing your lungs out, lulling them to sleep. It worked. Your husband also fell asleep with his back resting against the chair, they looked so peaceful this time.

You knew your back will hurt in the morning because of the position you were in, but once again. It was worth it.

-------------------

Ok, I know it's not like what you wanted. And I'm sorry. But I hope you like it...

Grammar errors will be fixed, and oh, I'll make a request page so if you want to request....wait for it XD I don't want the requests to get mixed up because sometimes I forget about them and I have to look for them XD

-K!