Training Gone Wrong

Requested by; cupidcrystal

-------------------

"Bruce?" You called for your boyfriend, poking your head in at the entrance of his study after opening the door slightly.

Bruce lifted his head up from his work, his hand stopped on signing the papers as the other stopped flipping the files on hi left. "Come in." He finally said a hand that still held the pen motioning for you to come inside.

Giving him a nod you stepped in before closing the door behind you for some privacy because the thing you were going to talk about was important. You stopped in front of his desk and took a seat since you were tired you rested your elbow on the desk with your palm holding your head.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course, ask me anything."

"Um," you hesitated, "can you train me?"

Bruce was taken aback with your request and it was so obvious with the shocked face he wore. His eyes widened just slightly as his eyebrow raised questioningly. He seemed to tense just a bit, "train you? For what?" He questioned after he gained his composure back.

"I want to join the League too." You kept your head high, showing him that you were serious. You really want to help him and the other heroes, they were awesome and had helped you a lot. You knew basics of fighting and self-defense but it wasn't enough. The only strong person you knew was him.

There was an awkward silence, Bruce just stared at you with an unreadable face which you found a little bit nerve wrecking. You were already nervous despite you had a determined expression upon your face. Your heart won't calm down under his gaze.

"Are you sure?" Bruce asked, finally breaking the silence that surrounds the both of you.

To your surprise, he didn't tell you to just stay away from it which made you smile and gave him a nod, a very confident nod, as you took his hand to prove to him that you were serious. You gave it a light squeeze. "Yes, I'm sure. That's why I asked you to train me, Bruce."

Bruce didn't sigh, he kept on looking at you staring into your soul. His eyes gazing at yours, searching for any hesitation, fear or anything that could make you change your mind. He found none. "I won't go easy on you. Are you still sure?"

You chuckled, giving his hand another gentle squeeze as you stood up before walking over to him to give him a hug. "Yeah, that's what I wanted."