afar || Tim Drake

Requested by; Youtubegirl350

I'm goin' with the latter ;3
Warning(s); I can't guarantee if this will be angsty tho but I will try, another probably OOC Tim.

;;

You didn't know when it started, the happy feeling when you saw him smile or laugh. His happiness was so contagious, same goes for his sadness. You would always notice every time his face fell, you couldn't help it.

The fact that he was a handsome and smart dork only made your feelings for him getting worse.

Truth to be told, you weren't watching him from afar in a literal way like every cheesy teen romance novel would start with, in its very first chapter. You were his friend, one of his closest friends actually. You always took a seat across or by him, you could care less about it, as long as you could see him it was enough.

You being able to talk to him is just a bonus in your friendship.

Currently, the said boy was sitting across you. The both of you were still in the class doing the tasks for an upcoming project, he helped you through everything you almost feel ashamed that you couldn't understand what your teacher taught you as fast as he could.

Tim saw your dejected look and he waved a free hand in front of your face as the other stopped writing, "are you listening?"

Heat rushed up to your cheeks, silently praying that he wouldn't notice your faintly rosy cheeks you shook your head in defeat, "n- no, sorry Tim," You apologized. "I think I'm a little tired." You lied.

Tim didn't say anything nor push the matter further, he just took your book and made some lines to mark the important things you needed to work on. "Here." He gave your book back, offering a smile your way.

You felt your heart flutter in the presence of his smile as you returned his with your own, taking the book back from him. "Thanks and sorry about the spacing out earlier."

"Don't worry," he assured you, turning around to pack his things before he slung his bag over his shoulders. "I'll walk you back home."

You were going to refuse but stopped, instead, you nodded to accept his offer. Along the way, you argued with yourself in your head, debating if you should tell him how you felt or keep it for another day maybe even weeks or months.

No, you told yourself. You couldn't wait anymore, your feelings for him would burst if you didn't tell him right away. You would take any risks.

But boy, were you wrong.

"I'm sorry." This time the apologies came from Tim, he couldn't look at you in the eye so he averted his gaze to the ground. There you have it, his expression was laced with guilt. "I don't think I can, I like you! But not in a romantic way." He mumbled.

You didn't know what to do, you asked yourself for the answer. A part of you was begging for you to cry, the other to ran. You stared at him for god knows how long before he lifted up his head to look at your unreadable expression.

Tim opened his mouth, ready to give you one more word of apologies but you beat him to it. "It's okay, I understand." You forced a smile to your lips as you hugged him briefly, "see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, see you tomorrow." He flashed you another smile, watching you walk away after giving him a wave.

**

You weren't sure how long you had been staring at the ceiling of your room, limbs sprawled on the soft mattress of your bed as you replayed earlier events until you felt yourself teared up.

You shouldn't have done that, stupidly confessing.

Thinking about him didn't feel the same way anymore, no cheesy butterfly in your stomach, your heart didn't pound with happiness, no smile was formed on your face.

All you could feel was your chest tightening in the most painful way you could think of, you always have to clutch your hands across your chest as you cry. Sobs after sobs kept on coming.

Every time you went to school you could feel the gap between you and him, you would avoid him. Slowly, your friendship with him ends, it was gone along with your feelings for him.

Watching from afar should've been enough.

**

Little did you know Tim couldn't shake off the guilt, you might haven't realized it that day but he did. He saw your lips quiver, eyes wide as they went red for a brief moment.

Tim sighed as he wrote his notes.

How long was it? A week? A month? He wasn't sure, he didn't count the time after that day.

He had to bear seeing you sitting in front of him with shoulders slumped, trying hard to avoid him if it wasn't for something important.

Tim had tried to talk to you, tried to apologize one more time but your answers were always, sorry I can't or maybe later? I have something to do, for now, it was always the latter though.

He tried and tried then finally stopped when he saw you walking with someone on your way home. Surely, it wasn't Tim since his hair wasn't black, his eyes were not blue, and his smile wasn't as dorky and as contagious as Tim's but whoever it was, is working on it.

Now? Tim knows how you felt, watching someone he came to like from afar. Different from yours, he couldn't talk to you anymore.

He watched you like the sun watching its earth.

;;

Was it angsty enough?
I need to make a happy Timmy as soon as possible...

Sorry for grammar errors, I'm too tired to do a proofreading. I'm gonna regret not doing a proofreading in the morning, lol.
Hope you enjoyed!

-lots of love, Kaz!