drawings || Batmom

Requested by; Rebeckaroseroth

Trigger warning(s); depression (the character isn't aware of it tho), and mentions of abuse in drawings.

Note; written from Batmom's (2nd) point of view. There will be no specific details about Batmom's and her daughter's looks.

;;

You and Bruce were worried about your daughter lately, she was officially adopted by the both of you a few days ago.

Bruce---or Batman, found her when he was on his usual patrol. The poor little girl was wrapped in a dirty blanket, feet bare, her body was full of bruises; her face, her arms, her torso, her feet, and her thighs, as she walked down the street of Gotham.

She was only 8.

When you saw her came out of the Batmobile, your first instinct as a mother was to rush over to her. She flinched at the sight of you, her little hands were clutching on Bruce's suit as she hid behind his leg.

What you saw in her eyes was the same thing you saw in your other children after their nightmares. Fear. With a glance, you knew what happened to her, what she had to suffer through but you didn't dare to ask her yet, you wanted her to open up.

You did the thing that you had picked up for years working beside Batman on the field before you decided it was the time to stop. You gave her a smile, offering your hand to her slowly.

"It's okay," you remembered saying, looking into the little girl's eyes. She could practically feel the warmth from you but she made no move yet. "I won't hurt you, I promise, I will take care of you with this big hero right here." You nodded towards your husband who was watching the whole time.

Your little trick worked, she took your hand and let you led her to her new room.

But she never talks.

"I don't know how to talk to her Bruce, what if she is still scared of me?" You carded your fingers through your hair as your other hand was holding a cup of tea.

Your daughter was in her room, you didn't know what she was doing. When her lunch is over she only gave you a hesitant smile before she rushed up the stairs to her room.

Bruce who was sitting across from you took your smaller hand in his bigger one, "you need to calm down, frustrating over it won't help."

Taking a sip of your tea, you slowly calming down. Your husband's words downing into your head.

"I'm worried Bruce."

"Talk to her, you can make Damian open up then why not her?" Bruce emphasized the name of his son, causing you to laugh.