so close yet so far 2

Note; someone wanted a part 2, I'm on a hype despite having my arm hurting and me being sleepy. XD

Here, lemme tag you; Phoenix135795485

;;

How long has it been since you saw the two? Three months?

Could be, you've been avoiding them five days after their engagement.

You were lying down on the couch, staring up at your book absentmindedly. You were distracting yourself by reading but you just couldn't bring your mind to focus on the book, let alone the words. They looked like they were scrambled, not forming any sentences, just alphabets placed randomly.

Your phone went off, moving little by little as it vibrated on the glass coffee table. You lazily reached over for it, bringing it in front of your face after you put down your book.

You squinted as you tried to read the caller's name.

Selina.

You felt the pain you had buried deep down emerged, your heart that was healing slowly shattered back like a fragile glass. You let the phone rang throughout your empty living room as you contemplated on picking up the call or not.

Your thumb pressed the green button, you cursed yourself for it. You weren't ready, not yet, not now. Hesitantly, you pressed the phone against your ear.

"Hello, woman!" You tried to be cheerful, your voice was a little too high pitched.

"Where have you been?!" Selina practically screeched when she heard your voice yet relieved to know you were fine.

You chuckled softly, it had been pretty damn long since you laughed genuinely, since the accident that broke your heart you always force yourself to laugh, it was great to hear her voice again.

"At home, doing my work, why?"

"Me and Bruce tried to contact you but we couldn't reach you! I thought you were dead." Selina sighed into her phone, she sounded stressed out, you could tell. Exhaustion was coating her voice.

"What's wrong?"

"I'll come over." She then hung up.

**

Selina sat across you, a cup of tea in her hands as she slowly took a few sips, careful with the hot liquid. Her shoulders slowly relaxed.

"What do you want to talk about?" You asked, chewing on the cake she bought for you. It was delicious, she always knew what you like and don't.

A soft sigh left her red lips before she pursed them, lowering the antique cup you owned for generations to her lap, one of her palm settled beneath it. She was gorgeous. "About Bruce."

There it was, the ache, it came back. Though it wasn't as bad, it still hurts.

"What about him?" You spilled another question out of curiosity, your grip on the cup tightened. It didn't go unnoticed by the dark-haired female.

Selina explained what happened between the two of them, she told you how distant Bruce becomes ever since you suddenly fading away from their lives.

Yes, apparently, they noticed that you were avoiding them.

At first, she thought nothing of it, she was also busy with her own business to notice. She then chuckled, explaining that it would be different if it was you, you were sensitive to your surrounding, it was proven by your behavior towards Bruce's kids. They loved you to bits.

Both girls and boys.

When Selina ran her fingers through her soft hair, you noticed that her ring was gone.

"Your ring! Where is it?" You leaned forward, taking her hand in yours as you examined it. Looking for any trace of the ring only finding a faint mark. She hadn't worn it that long yet so it barely left anything behind.

"I took it off, like Bruce." She shrugged.

You frowned deeply, "why?" It wasn't wrong for you to ask, they were so happy when they were just engaged, hands holding onto each other's the entire time. Almost like they were glued.

"We aren't meant for each other, we're too serious, too busy with our businesses to be lovey-dovey." She answered, a smile creeping up on her beautiful face, "I saw how you look at him."

It almost felt like your heart about to burst out of your chest, you almost panicked. Does she know? You wondered to yourself.

Selina took your silence as a chance to continue, "come on, dear, it's too obvious. Besides," she leaned closer to you, hands supporting her weight on the coffee table, "I think he was meant for you."

"What!?" You shrieked, your face flushed red. All your pain suddenly forgotten because of her teasing, it reminded you of the good old days.

Roaring with laughter, she sat back down, covering her mouth with the back of her hand. "I'm serious, he likes you too you know."

"But, he was happy with you."

"Yes, just a momentary happiness. When you stop visiting the manor he was grumpier than ever!" Her arms extended forward, her encouraging hands squeezing your shoulders as a determined smirk spread across her face. "Go get him, tiger."

"You?" She stared at you with a confused expression, you then cleared your throat, "what about you?"

"Pssh, someone I've been chasing who's finally noticed me." She winked before standing up with you, ready to leave the house until a few knocks stopped you.

Glancing at your friend, you walked over to the front door. Your eyebrows lifted up when your eyes landed on Bruce's muscular figure, standing there in front of your door.

Bruce saw his ex-fiancée from the door, he gave her a small nod and she smirked as a reply.

She had been planning it from the start, she sensed the tension between the two of you every time you were with her, your shy glances at Bruce and how Bruce affectionately ruffled your hair when he caught you staring at him, she knew that Bruce loved you most but never really admitted it until last night when she and him had a small talk hoping it would give them a way to solve their problem.

No, they hadn't done anything yet. They didn't even sleep in the same bed. They would if their engagement lasted longer.

Sauntering towards the door, she passed Bruce. She looked over her shoulder, the smirk still plastered on her face.

"You better take care of my friend or I'll rip your heart out, Mr. Wayne."

;;

It wasn't meant to be like this but I'm too tired!

Pardon meh,
Once again, I love Selina Kyle, so don't get meh wrong peeps! XD

Have a nice day, lots of love.
- Kaz