let me teach you (END); feelings || Damian Wayne

Living a normal human life was overwhelming, in a good way. You enjoyed your current life but at times you would miss those who helped you grew up and made you who you are now, you became a hero, you had a name and your abilities were used for good purposes. There was one thing you didn't understand though.

Your own feelings.

Nobody in your pack explained what feelings are, why does it exist. You were taught to act on instinct so when you felt a sudden attraction towards Damian, you thought it was just an instinct.

An instinct for you to get closer, protect him from harm, make him laugh.

Basically, it was, you didn't know. The first person you asked was Garfield, seeing he was also a part animal(s) and he could understand you, you decided to ask him. He was also confused, he couldn't explain it to you. He tried though but it ended making you more confused than ever.

"It's uh, things that make you...human?" His words came out as another question, he knew what feelings are but he didn't know how to put them into words. The answer was there in a form of a lump in his throat, he tried to get it out but he couldn't and swallowed it back in. "Why did you ask?"

You looked into his green eyes, your head tilted to the side slightly, gaze still questioning.

"I don't know," you replied, bringing your knees up to your chest, wrapping your thinly muscular arms around them. "It's Damian."

"What about him?"

Resting your chin in the gap of your knees, you stared at the wall across the room, trying to form the right words by asking yourself the same question; what about him? What do I think about him?

"I've been wanting to be so close to him, I don't get it, I'm already close to him. I want to stay by his side, hold his hand, lick his face---"

"Lick his face?" Garfield wheezed out a laugh, cocking his eyebrow at you amusedly.

"With my lips." You pointed at your lips casually as you glanced at the green-skinned boy.

"Kiss?" He guessed.

"Kiss." You nodded, a smile forming on your face, eyes flickered back towards the earlier wall that suddenly became interesting. "When I am near him, my face grows hot and red like a tomato, my heart races in my chest. When I see him smile, even though just faintly, it makes me feel beyond happy." You started to ramble out, slowly, passionately, pouring everything in your heart to words while Garfield watches you, eyes filled with interest.

"Do you like him?"

His words caught your attention and you shifted on the couch, lowering your legs, away from your chest. Bare feet settled on the carpeted floor. "Like? But I like everybody." You argued.

"No, not that like." Garfield shook his head, catching you tilting your head again in utter curiosity, "like as in wanting someone to be more than just friends."

"Like, a mate?"

"Close enough, we humans call it dating." He looked at you, a proud grin spreading across his face, he gained a little confidence it felt like he was explaining things to a younger sibling. He kind of knew where to go from here, "if you tell him you like him and he likes you back then you can be his girlfriend as he is your boyfriend."

His explanation caused your face to lit up, your eyes twinkling with something he couldn't recognize. Happiness? Excitement? He didn't know but he still could see the slight confusion in them.