happy birthday me || Jason Todd

Requested by an Anon on Tumblr!

Prompt; Hello! Not sure if you are taking requests, but if you are could you write about the reader celebrating their 21st birthday with Jason?

I'm staying at a friend's place, he knows I'm writing, and been struggling (that's why I haven't updated). Then he gave me this line before going out to get some food;
"This is not my birthday, check the dat---never mind, happy birthday to me."

Kudos to him!

Warning(s); N/A

;;

You were not the type of person that could wake up under 8 AM but the sweet smell of delicious breakfast filling your nostrils made you pry your eyes open slowly as your brain began to caught up on what was happening.

When you rolled over, you couldn't find your boyfriend. Only the cold and empty space he left, probably been an hour or so. He also wasn't the type to get up early, especially after his long night patrolling.

Frowning, you propped yourself up on your elbows before finally pushing your body to sat properly on the bed. Rubbing your eyes gently in an attempt to get yourself wide awake.

"Jay?" You called for him, standing up to stretch before making a bee-line to the bathroom, washing your face and brushed your teeth to freshen up.

You heard a faint answer for him as you wiped your face with your towel, "in the kitchen!"

Getting out of the bathroom, feeling fresh, you walked to the kitchen. The kitchen wasn't big since the two of you lived in an apartment. Well, your apartment before Jason moved in, out of the blue telling you to split the rent and then it became a shared apartment.

You didn't object or anything, Jason always crashes to your place back then before you became his girlfriend. He spent most of his time at your place, it didn't make that many differences besides the fact your sex life became more...interesting after he moved in.

The smell of pancakes became stronger as you stepped into the kitchen, Jason had his back facing you, pouring the last batter into the round pan.

You walked over, wrapping your arms around his waist, hands clasping in front of his abs. "It's unusual for you to cook." You commented as he flipped the pancake while you stood on your tippy toes to peer over his broad shoulder.

His shoulder raising up as he let out a breathy sigh, he turned off the stove and adding the last pancake onto the stack. "You aren't supposed to wake up now."

His words made you raised your eyebrow, "is it bad? Do I have to go to sleep again?"

Jason chuckled and shook his head before turning in your arms, he leaned down to kiss you but you stopped him by placing your finger in front of his plump lips.

"Have you brushed your teeth, Mr. Todd?" You teased.

He groaned softly, rolling his beautiful eyes at the same time but laughed anyway.