6

I just learned it's spelled Mahiru, not Mahiro. So I'm not going back and correcting it, but it will be spelled correctly from now on.
...
(Crowley)

"I can't do that, it would attract too much attention." Mahiru said over the phone with her brother, "No, he already knows we're here.... we can't just leave, he's waiting." She paused for a bit longer this time, "Are you insane? Why would you put your own nephew through that?!"

"HE'S OUR ADOPTED BROTHER'S ADOPTED CHILD!" Kureto said loud enough for even me to hear.

"Shinya is still a Hiragi, so Yuu is a Hiragi whether you like it or not." She snapped, "Fine, but only if things get too out of control. Yeah. I know. Ok." She seemed to be wrapping it up before she suddenly said, "Oh, Kureto, I... I have something to tell you. It's about Shinoa."

I sat back while she explained what had happened to their baby sister. It must've been more difficult for her than she first let off because her voice was full of remorse and a quiet whisper as she spoke.

She looked at me and said, "He wants to talk to you." I reached out to the phone and placed it against my ear.

"Hello?" I said cautiously, I knew what Kureto was like and I didn't want to be the one he took his anger out on.

"I asked you to assist the Hiragi family. That meant all of the Hiragi family. If Mahiru, Shinya, Yuu, or even that fucking Ichinose die, so will you. I'm already going to look for some way to penalize you for Shinoa." He said commandingly.

"Look, Boss, I have no control over what he does. I can't really stop him. If I tried, everyone else would die too." I said casually.

"Just keep in mind what we've talked about. If you disappoint me too much, there may not be enough room for you in the new world." He threatened.

"In your world, I think I'll survive just fine." I said mockingly.

A click was heard over the phone and I knew I was done, I handed the phone back to Mahiru with a sigh.

She stopped dead in her tracks for a moment, "Do you hear that?"

...
(Shinya)

Neither of us were taking the girls death well, that was my sister. Even Guren, who seemed to always hate Shinoa, wasn't taking it well.

We were venting in our own special way. I'll spare you the details, but it definitely isn't a healthy way to cope.

But no matter how hard we tried, we just couldn't make our minds go black, too many thoughts were going through both of our heads to really focus.

What are we going to tell Misuba's family? What am I going to tell Dad? What am I going to tell Seishirō? Or Kureto? Why would someone do this? Why couldn't I protect them better? I should've been there. I should've kept them closer.

"Shinya, stop." The man above me said as he wiped away the tears I didn't know I had, "We can stop if this isn't helping."

"It's better than giving reality any time to sink in." I said quietly.

"We never gave Yuu a weapon!" Guren realized and was about to get up.

I grabbed him arm and whispered desperately, "Please don't leave. He'll be fine, he's with the owner."

Guren looked down to me and said, "That's what I'm worried about."

I was confused for a moment before I suddenly realized what he meant, "Oh..."
...
(Yuu)

In the morning we all went to check outside, only to see that rain had not let up and the water was so high I wouldn't be surprised if a place nearby was completely flooded.

Soon after, we all went into the dining area and were served breakfast, something like this would've usually made me awe struck, but two of my best friends weren't here to marvel with me.

We all ate silently, even Yoichi didn't try and talk. But, I couldn't just say quiet while everyone carried on like nothing happened.

"People are being killed, and all we're doing is eating some fancy breakfast." I said with frustration.

"Yuu... just eat." Guren said softly, he seemed to not have it in him to do any more to control me right now.

"Dad, I-"

"Yuu-Chan, you haven't eaten anything yet, don't make me have to force feed you. I understand you're upset, but at least you need to stay alive." Mika said with an odd tone of something that sounded like jealously.

Shut up, Mika.

I don't know why I didn't just say it out loud, but something told me I shouldn't. I lowkey knew if I tried to tell him off, he'd shove a waffle down my throat.

Out of nowhere I started to pant slightly and things started to become fuzzy. I broke out in a cold sweat and leaned onto the table.

"Yuu-Chan?" Mika called, but I was a little preoccupied with whatever was going on to tell him to shut the fuck up.

A gag came from my throat and Shinya instantly stood up and began to drag me off to the bathroom as I practically choked.

We made it just in the nick of time, but all I threw up was stomach acid while Shinya rubbed my back and pulled any extra hair out of my face like the good parent he was.

"Please don't do that." I said before emptying more of my stomach into the porcelain.

"Did you catch a cold? Or a virus?" He asked concerningly.

The doorknob began to turn before the lock constricted it's movement any further, "Shinya, is he ok?" Guren asked from the other side of the door.

"Shinya used his other hand to feel my forehead and said, "I don't know, he's really warm."

I grabbed a pice of toilet paper and wipes my mouth before putting it into the toilet and flushing it down. But, even after throwing up, I was still sweating and felt nauseous.

Everything began to spin and I felt my eyes start to roll back into my head.

I woke up to a man with the features of a white tiger staring down at me.

"Byakkomaru?" I said confused.

"Asuramaru, he woke up." Byakkomaru called over to someone.

My purple haired demon rushed over and got onto his knees to look closer at me, "Yuu, what's wrong with you?"

"Aren't you supposed to know?" I half joked.

"He doesn't look too good." Gekkōn said coming out of nowhere.

"I think... he should be fine if he just sleeps for a bit." My first demon announced.

Just... sleep.
...

This chapter is still short, even after 2 rewrites.