58

The end creeps ever closer. Mwhahahhahahahahahaha. I wanna post the last few chapters ON Halloween so like... let's get this shit moving, shall we?
...
(Mika)

"It's finally done." Akane let out a relived sigh.

"We did a good job, no one will ever be able to find any evidence," I smirked, "but we do need to hire more staff now."

"I don't know, Mika, this was a big mess." She said as she threw the bottles of hydrogen peroxide into the bin, we'd do something with them later.

"Yeah, I'm planning on lowering the number. Maybe only 10 this time." I really needed to control myself, the thought of all that blood was turning me on, I hated it.

"Aren't you gonna go get Yuu?" Akane asked.

"He's not there. Matthew called me, he's taking him out to dinner as a thank you. I'm not happy about it, but Yuu-Chan definitely deserves some appreciation so I'm letting it slide," I shrugged, "I want him by my side right now, but he's not gonna go so easily. I may need to drug him again."

"How about you don't do that?" Akane death glared me, "I'm real tired of this shit, Mikaela. Yuu is my family too and I'm fed up with the way you treat him."

"I'm nice to him 99% of the time, I don't know what you mean." I tilted my head.

"You might be nice to him, but you're not nice to others. Yuu knows you're a sociopathic asshole and he's afraid of you." She said.

"He's not afraid of m-"

"You say that every time, but have you seen him? He's fucking horrified of even the sight of you. You scare him. You scare me too. You scare everyone." She said.

"Damn, now that Jack isn't here to tell me the truth, you're gonna do it?" I tried to joke.

She looked at me completely disappointed and annoyed, "That's not funny."

"Why is everyone so mad at me lately?" I asked.

I deserve it though, god knows I deserve much worse.

She sighed, "I'm not mad at you, I'm just annoyed. Yuu's clearly mad at you and he has every right to be. This situation is becoming too complicated and your dear old sister can't fucking keep up and it's frustrating for everyone involved."

I stared at the empty bottles, "Do you think things would be better if I were to just drop dead?"

"I guess it depends on the person. Raymond would be better off, Matthew's life would suck, my life would suck, a lot of your employee's lives would suck, and I don't know about Yuu. He goes a little insane whenever he's with you for too long. He might be better off or he might lose his shit once he learns you're gone." Akane replied.

"Matt would throw a party and Yuu-Chan would help plan it." I laughed.

"Maybe." She gave a polite laugh.

I snickered a bit, "Yuu-Chan can't live without me though. Not normally, anyway."

"I think he's be just fine. You might be thinking of yourself." said Akane.

"No. You may not see it, but I do, and so does he. He knows he can't live without me." I defended.

"Or you're just crazy." She shrugged.

"Shut up, Akane, you know nothing," I smirked, "none of you know anything. Only my angel sent straight from heaven could possibly even begin to understand me. The rest of you are nothing."

"Do you ever feel like you're the villain of someone else's story, Mikaela?" She asked, those brown eyes staring deeper into me than ever before.

I pondered for a moment, "I don't really care. I think it's clear at this point that I only care about one thing and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get it. Weather I'm seen as good or bad doesn't matter. I don't care."

"You're one psycho son of a bitch. It's surprising that you haven't been locked in some mental institution yet." She sighed.

"Oh, Akane, people like me never pay for our crimes. If they come to the surface one of two things will happen: we either bribe our way out, or we 'slip' before there's time to be put on trial," I smiled, "and you should really be more careful with your words towards me. Just who do you think you're talking to? You're lucky I'm not feeling particularly homicidal today."

"I suppose I am lucky. Luckier than those politicians." Akane said.

"Speaking of, did you know that he died right in my arms?" I asked, "He was dead for a solid minute. I almost fucking went on a rampage. But luckily the staff there were very capable. I still wonder though if something died for good. He's been much less... himself."

"I mean, he fucking died, Mika. Sure, Yuu's been close before, but he's never actually died before then. I'm sure it fucked him up." She said.

"He doesn't know," I responded, "and I'd prefer to keep it that way. If I ever see Ray again, I'll actually kill him. I had an epiphany that night. I realized that I would never be able to have Yuu-Chan happy, in love with me, and alive. So I sort of just gave up on it all. I still try so hard for him. But I know that there's no point. The closest I've ever got was right before Raymond..." I trailed off.

"That explains why you've been drastically switching between absolute desperation to keep him near you and total leniency," she tilted her head back, "god dammit, how am I supposed to just go about my day knowing that Yuu died and no one here knew a thing about it?"

"I think you'll manage," I stared at my hand as I clenched and unclenched it, "I'm constantly so desperate to have him near me, but at the same time I want him to just go away, disappear forever."

"Maybe you should just let him go." She suggested.

I snapped my head towards her stared with a clenched fist, "I can't. Don't you get it yet? There's no way anyone here can be happy. It's a pit of misery. I wish I could say that Yuu-Chan makes me happy the same way he used to, but without him right by my side I just feel empty. Yuichiro hates me and only trusts Matthew for god knows what fucking reason, I'm obsessed, you're slowly snapping, Raymond is broken, the wolves are damaged, Jack is dead, Matthew wants to betray me, and my kill count has skyrocketed since Yuichiro showed up. I don't know how much longer I can take all of this stress."

"I honestly think you need to calm down. Maybe we should get Yuu back now and see if that helps." Akane had scooted back a bit from me.

"Help who?!" I smiled widely, "You? My mental state is absolute shit and I feel like I'm gonna hurt Yuu if he comes back now. But I also want to just, I-I-I want to just hold him in my arms and convince myself everything will be alright," I put both my hands in my hair and felt myself being weighed down, "I just wanna see him."

Akane looked distressed but eventually just sighed, "Let's go see him then."

My eyes very slowly met with hers, "Do you even care about his safety?" I asked.

"Yep," she answered as she grabbed the keys, "but I also care about mine. You're at least a good 80% more likely to hurt me over him."

"What an awful human being you are." I chuckled.

"I'm grieving, Mikaela, fuck off."

...

OwO
UwU
OwU
UwO

Take me out to the back of the shed. Shoot me in the back of the head.