27

Do any of you remember how old I made Yuu? It was 17, right? And Mika was 21??? I legit can't remember? Do any of you remember? Did I even specify?
...
(Mika)

I walked down the edge of the highway, staring at the night sky. An incalculable number of stars shone brightly in the navy sky.

What a nice night.

I sighed an exasperated breath.

It would be nicer if he was here. It would be perfect.

"Yuu-Chan, Yuu-Chan, Yuu-Chan," I grumbled, "what were you thinking? Almost every police officer is just a brutal hog. They'll fuck you up so bad." But I still couldn't help but smirk knowing the ace up my sleeve had eyes on him, "I'm counting on you. But Yuu-Chan is still safer with me."

My mind went through all of the possibilities that could cause problems.

What if the police think he killed them? What if they throw him into a psych ward? What if Ray gets to him first? What if  he slips up?

I tapped my pocket to make sure the gun was still in place. Being assured I still had it, my eyes narrowed. I felt the horrible squeezing of the toxins as my eyes most certainly darkened.

Should I take care of one of those issues myself?

"No, it's too time consuming. My love could completely break by then."

A feeling of chaos loomed over me as soon as my mind was made up. I had this horrible feeling my choice was going to end badly.

I continued down the moonlit highway. There were hardly any cars at this time of night, so I was free to wander around as I pleased.

"I'll find you, and take you away from the rest of humanity," an image of Ray's smile, a memory from long ago, long forgotten, situated itself in my mind, "and then some. I'll find somewhere we can live together peacefully, it will be a paradise."

I checked the date on my phone and smiled with fondness, "Two more weeks. I hope I have you by then."

I focused my attention back onto the starry night and mumbled words I had once forgot, "You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill can not be hidden." I smiled widely, "For once, the Christian god has given me some inspiration."

You are the light of my world. You can not hide from me.
...
(Yuu)

I focused on the digital clock beside me, the police department had set me up for the night. I don't think they usually do this kind of thing. I had a feeling Lieutenant Jamison has played a big role in this.

The Lieutenant... I shouldn't trust him. But he's the only thing I have right now.

"How the fuck am I supposed to hide this for you, Mika?"

The phrase just kept playing over and over again in my mind. That man clearly had no interest in taking Mika down for his crimes, but Ray was another, longer story. I just didn't know what that was.

He hides his true features as well. I noticed aside from his hair he wears contacts, probably colored ones. That man is extremely suspicious. But he's helped me out so far, and hasn't done anything threatening towards me.

I just couldn't shake this feeling of bad intent. Something bad was going to happen, I just wasn't sure what.

Someone just save me from this hell.

My eyes were pretty much impossible to keep open, my body felt heavy, and my brain was fuzzy. For once, I was completely assured that absolutely nothing could happen. I was safe for now, and that was good enough in this moment.

Tomorrow is a new day, let's just enjoy what we have now, Yuu.
...

Once sleep set in, I found myself in the white void I hadn't visited for so long. Only, not a single soul (well... demon) was present.

"Asura." I called, but the boy was still no where to be seen.

I harbor more demons than even I'm aware of, yet 1, not 1 is anywhere to be seen.

"Anyone?"

Still nothing, not even the slightest sound. You could hear a cotton ball drop in here.

This eerie sense filled my being as I walked around the interminable space. There was absolutely nothing. That wasn't natural, I didn't feel safe.

No one was around. That meant they were gone. They abandoned me for some unknown reason.

They were gone. It explained a lot. It explained why I haven't gotten any ominous warnings, the headaches I've been getting, all of it.

But, what didn't make sense is where they went. The only way to be rid of demons is death or exorcism. And I wasn't dead, I hadn't done any exorcisms, I don't think I have.

Maybe I'm just dying... I feel like I am.

But I knew death wasn't already at my door. Something just forced them out. Like a toxin or something.

Like a poison.
...

Or! Or, and hear me out here, I have no fūcking clue.

Maybe they just went on vacation.

I mean... who would poison you???????????

Don't worry though, you're not going to die... on the outside.