40

(Yuu)

"I don't-Mika, I don't hear anything." I gulped.

I wouldn't have been so scared if he didn't drop everything to go check it out. The man who tried to have physical contact with me one way or another every chance he got actually took me off of his lap to go see.

"I saw something, and then I heard some murmurs." He then began to talk to himself, "It wouldn't make sense for them to be in their normal form. But Tightous and Brighton might be attempting to sneak off. No, he'd have their heads. And Sunni wouldn't let them." Mika looked to me them back out the window, "He wouldn't be stupid enough to give himself away like that, especially not with me right here. He's not that stupid. But it's gotta be him. I wasn't expecting him so soon."

"Mika." I said sternly, pulling him out of whatever trance he was in, "Are you talking about Ray?" He came back over to me and picked me up without hesitation, "What the hell are you doing?!"

"Sorry, angel, but I gotta make sure you're safe before I go do anything." He placed me down on the bed and grabbed my hand, "I really wasn't expecting him to come here. I was hoping to have Jack and Akane around as well. It's not that I can't handle them, it's that they know I can."

"So what does that mean?" I asked, "It shouldn't be a problem then right?"

All the pieces are falling into pl- STOP, it's not the time to be thinking about that. God knows I won't even be able to do it. But... Jack was right.

"No, no, babycakes, it's not a problem for me. But there's 4 of them and 1 of me. Someone needs to be around in case one of them comes straight for you. I honestly don't think I should leave you alone, but I also don't want them coming in here. I need to keep you safe." He hugged me close, "I don't know what I would do if something happened to you."

I really don't think I have it in me to fight him anymore.

I hugged him back, "What if you went deranged?" I asked.

"What are you talking about?" Mika was starting to sound a bit disoriented, he was really panicked about keeping me safe.

"When you get angry enough you sort of have a black out and... well I don't really know what happens after that." I said.

He stared blankly at me, "Don't ever suggest that to me."

"I'm sorry." I said quickly.

"No, no. It's just that I was actually considering it for a second there. Yuu-Chan," he hesitated for a moment, "you don't want to know what happens during my blackouts. I hope you never have to see it. Not to mention I can't control it. I can't make it happen."

"I mean, it would help you be able to do things that don't seem possible otherwise." I said.

Why am I pushing him?

"Remind me to show you the attic when we get home. I think it's about time you learned about my blackouts." He sighed, "unfortunately." His hand found its way to my cheek, "But if we're gonna have a life together, you should know as much about me as I can give you. You deserve that."

"I," my breath hitched for a second.

I'm gonna hate myself for this one.

"Ah, fuck it." I brought his lips to mine in an instant, I hadn't initiated things in a very long time, and it certainly took him by surprise.

I opened my mouth for him before he even had time to ask, his tongue instantly shot in and I made a point to suck on it just a bit. He pushed me down and managed to somehow deepen the kiss right before pulling away, "God, you're so distracting. Need I remind you there's possibly a danger lurking around outside?"

I looked up at him from my sprawled position on the bed, he stared at me for a moment before finally saying, "Forget it, I can lock the door."

"Don't you think it's a little late for that." A laugh came from the door.

Mika's eyes instantly darkened, he turned to face the intruder and his eyes wandered around, "Where are the others?" He asked.

Ray's eyes slanted, "Like I'd tell." His arm was bandaged up pretty good, he caught me staring and said, "What? You don't remember? He fucking shot me." He growled, "But, I see you don't have any gun now."

"Raymond, I really don't want to have to do this right now. You're just so insignificant." Mika snickered a bit.

I grabbed Mika's sleeve, "Don't antagonize him. He's already pissed beyond belief."

"Don't worry, my raven, he can't possibly do more damage than what's already been done." He chuckled slightly, "My, my, isn't this all too familiar? Two people about to have a romantic moment and then someone just barges in with the intent to kill. Tell me, Mikaela, what happened next? Who died?"

Mika's face paled and he hurriedly went to grab me before the glass windows shattered and he was taken to the floor by three people, "STOP! STOP IT! HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!" Mika was panicking beyond belief, "RAY, PLEASE!" He was struggling so hard against them.

I was still with horror, I had no idea what was going to happen.

"Ray, just take him and let's leave. Your arm is still healing." The woman said.

"RAY, I'LL GIVE YOU ANYTHING! JUST PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!" Mika had started to hyperventilate.

My fright or flight had started to kick in and I went to run for the window when Ray pinned me down, "I'm sorry it had to go this way again. Well, I suppose it's a bit different for you this time, Ash. I really do love you. I'll find you again."

"NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! SUNNI, PLEASE STOP HIM!" Mika was begging, "TIGHTOUS! BRIGHTON!"

"He's just going to take him, he'll be fine." Sunni tried to assure him.

"HE'S DOING WHAT HE THINKS I DID!" Mika was screaming his lungs out at this point, thrashing like no tomorrow.

The man who's name was apparently Brighton looked down at Mika, "He wouldn't."

"What's happening?" I asked Ray weakly.

"I'm setting you free." He kissed me on the forehead.

Next thing I knew there was a cold sensation in my stomach, then another, and another, and another, and they just kept coming. My head fell to the side and Mika's screaming became muffled.

"RAY, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" The three of them yelled at him.

"I'm paying back my debt to Mikaela. An eye for an eye." He stared down at me.

"ASHER ISN'T DEAD!" Mika finally screamed.

"HE'S STILL ALIVE, RAY!" Sunni added in.

"What?!" Ray looked down at me in panic, "Oh shit."

Sound was becoming more and more obsolete. I managed to turn my head over to Mika and we met eyes.

Ray quickly got off of me and I touched my stomach with shaking hands. What I felt was warm and wet and there seemed to be a lot of it.

Mika's eyes trailed over to the area where my hand was, and tears fell from his eyes. He seemed to calm down in an instant, his entire body went limp.

"It's going to happen!" Brighton shouted.

"We need to leave, NOW!" Tightous screamed.

Ray stared down at me in horror, "He... he was never him. I had another chance. I fucked up with an entirely different person. Asher- he- he-what did I even do all of this for?"

"NOW, RAY!" Tightous screamed louder.

I could hardly hear the murmur that came out next from Mika's corpse of a body, "You're so fucking dead."
...

Well this sure took a turn! I'm extremely surprised! I was not expecting this! Totally not like this was one of my only original ideas from 3 years ago that managed to make it in! Noooooooooo!