41

(Mika)

I stated at his bloody body. I couldn't take my eyes off of it. I felt weak.

He's going to die...

My thoughts were more calm than I would like to admit. I could feel hatred taking over every ounce of my body.

He's going to die. Why couldn't I stop them?

Everyone around me was screaming about something or another, but I didn't care. All I cared about was the sight of the love of my life, bleeding out, his breath was so static. He locked eyes with me every now and again and I could feel myself dying, just as he was.

He's going to die.

I looked over to Ray, saw the utter panic spread on his face. He was the one who had done this. But I knew I was also partially responsible.

If I only I would've been better. This wouldn't have happened. Yuichiro wouldn't be dying right in front me.

Everything in my world was crumbling. I felt so empty, yet regret, guilt, rage, and a crippling amount of sadness seemed to fill me. My eyes traveled to Ray once more.

Why did I let him live? Why did I only shoot him in the arm? I could've killed him. Why didn't I? Ah, that's right. I was holding on to the past, just like I always have. The past isn't a reality anymore. The reality is Yuu is going to die because of me. What if I never did the things I did? What if I never got separated from him? What if we never came here? What if he never even wound up on my doorstep in the first place? Would he still be alive? Happy? Yes, I'm sure he would be.

I knew what was going to happen. I'd go insane soon enough. Insane is the best way to put it, but it's not accurate. It was still me. I was still in control of everything I did. But it didn't feel like it. It was still me in my right mind hurting anyone who dared to cross my path, I just didn't care.

I wish he wouldn't have to see it.

I glanced at him only to see that his eyes were now shut, possibly forever.

Oh. I guess he won't see it then. That's good.

Time seemed to be moving so slowly. Only Brighton and Tightous were holding me down now. Not that I needed to be held down at all, I felt so hopeless, too hopeless to even move. I still didn't recall Sunni moving away from me, but apparently she had.

Why haven't I just snapped already. Yuu is dying, if he's not already dead. The longer I sit here the less chance he has of survival. 13 times. I counted each and every one. Do people even survive that? They weren't very deep. I don't think Ray wanted to kill him.

Everything felt like a fever dream. I was hoping to wake up, but I never did. Yuu was dying, and that was real.

Can I even save him? How much time has passed? I don't think it's been very long. Good job, Mikaela, you really fucked this one up. I don't think I've ever felt this shitty. I wonder how Ray feels? He just found out that the most interesting thing about him was a lie, heh. I guess now isn't the time for jokes, Yuu would kill me. Jesus that's ironic.

Ray looked to be having a panic attack. He really had felt something for Yuu, and to find out it wasn't that he was Asher, it's that it was Yuu, it must've be soul crushing. He ended up killing the person he loved once again, only this time it was real.

Karma. It really is a bitch. I guess this is my karma. I've killed so many people, taken so many people's loved ones away. This is what I get. I just want to hold his hand. I just... I don't even know anymore.

I tried to reach my hand out, but it wouldn't budge under the weight of Tightous.

Fatass.

My life was crumbling before my very eyes.

Is this what hell feels like? Can't say I didn't deserve it. But, Yuu didn't do anything to deserve this. It was all me. It should be my dying on that floor. Not him.

I felt myself completely let go. I just couldn't handle it anymore. Letting go seemed to be the key. Once I let go, my emotions seemed to take complete control. I no longer felt broken. Only angry. Anger is all I felt at everyone around me. Aside from one person. The one thing that seemed to hold the same place in my heart and mind as it had before. It only made me more angry. Not at him, but at his situation. A small part of me felt pathetic for a very short amount of time, before being consumed by utter bitterness.

"You're so fucking dead." I mumbled just loud enough for them to hear.

"Shit." Brighton said under his breath.

I slammed my head against his as hard as I could and he fell to the ground, leaving me with an open hand. I grabbed Tightous by the throat and slammed his head against the nearby wall over and over and over and over and over again.

I stood tall and turned to the object of my resentment, "I'm going to kill you." My voice was so monotone, so unfeeling. It felt robotic, "Just as I should've done long ago."

I stepped forward and Sunni blocked my way, "Mika, please! Just take Yuu and leave!"

I hated the way his name sounded off of her lips. She made it sound disgusting.

She let it happen.

"You watched." I said as knocked her off balance. She fell to the floor with a crash and I began to stomp on her head, it was so refreshing.

I continued on my way to Ray, he had fallen to his knees at some point. I didn't care. It made this so much easier. Normally, I would've wanted a bit more of a challenge from him, but I didn't care.

"Why did Asher leave me?" He asked, he sounded so defeated.

"Because you were abusive." I responded curtly, "I've forgiven you for so much. Why must you do this to me?"

"Why didn't anyone ever tell me to stop? I would've. I loved him." He stared at his hands.

"He didn't love you." The urge to kill him was growing stronger every second.

Ray's mismatched eyes looked into the very depths of my soul, he was in complete despair, "But that never stopped you."

Something in me shifted. Maybe it was all the memories I had with Ray rushing back, maybe it was my desire to save Yuu, or maybe it was something else entirely. I can't even describe what I felt in that moment.

"Never come near me or Yuu-Chan ever again." I said.

I gently picked up my angel from the blood soaked carpet, he whimpered in pain. And that seemed to hurt me as well.

At least he's alive.

"Please kill me." Ray said quietly, "I can never go back in this life. I've messed it up far too much. Please. Mikaela, please kill me."

I looked down at his pitiful form, "You wish I had enough sympathy left for you to end your deplorable excuse of a life. No. You get to either kill yourself or suffer. I honestly don't care which you chose."

I set Yuu down in the car, "I guess those plane tickets I got won't be of much use."

I sat myself down in the front seat and I could no longer hold myself together, I broke down sobbing and felt an overwhelming urge to end this nightmare of a life. I had messed up so bad, even Ray was better than I had been.

"Yuu-Chan, please don't die. I need to ask you some things." I looked back at him, he looked like he was slipping into eternal sleep, "Maybe it's time to just let you go."

...

Any theories on why Mika didn't kill Ray? I have 2, but I have no idea which one it is! I'm great at keeping track of my story lines. Yep!