42

(Yuu)

I groaned a bit as I rolled over, a soreness filled my torso. I went to open my eyes a bit, but the light from the room blinded me, I used my arm to block some of it out, but it was still bothering me.

"Too damn bright." I mumbled. I sat up and looked around the bright white room, "Am I in a hospital?"

"Yes, one of the many ones Mikaela owns." Jack walked in the room and presented me with a bowl of broth.

"There's not even any noodles in this." I said.

"I dint think solids are a good idea right now." He smiled weakly, "We thought you were going to die."

"Ray." I grumbled.

"Yes. Ray did some things that were very uncalled for." Jack said dead serious.

I laughed a bit but instantly stopped as my torso throbbed, "Am I going to be ok?" I asked.

"Yes. Mikaela made sure you were a top priority." Jack said before glancing to the side, "I know this may not be the time, but are you still interested in what we talked about?"

"I don't know, Jack. I don't think I can. He just saved me." I said.

"I see." He nodded.

"You don't have to be so formal." I said.

"I know." He smiled, "I just knew you were going to say that. I'll look into some other options if you'd prefer to not... put the cake in the oven." Jack's amber eyes narrowed, "There are still so many more options." He began to walk away, "Akane should be in soon. She's been so worried."

"What about Mika?" I asked.

Jack's eyes narrowed once again, "Does it really matter? He's not here. He's sulking." He left the room for good this time.

Soon after, Akane came in, "Oh, thank god! Yuuuuuuu!"

"I feel like we haven't interacted much." I smiled at her.

"I'm not about to face the wrath of Mikaela for daring to talk to his little angel." She giggled a bit, "Apparently he's worried about me growing incestuos feelings for you, but that's totally his thing."

"I missed you." I held her hand, "You're still my sister even after all this time. I really really missed you."

"I missed you too." She squeezed my hand lightly, "Let me just tell you, thinking you were dead for years upon years and then you actually almost dying was not a fun time."

"No. I can't imagine it was." I tried to snicker a bit, but I knew the consequences of that, "Is Mika really not here?"

"He's, uh, he's a bit upset with himself." She gave me a pity smile, "It's only been a few hours since the attack. He's not exactly happy. He checked on you a lot, but once he knew you were stable and going to be ok he left. That was about 2 or 3 hours ago."

"Fear time is it?" I asked.

"4:30am." She answered.

"About 8 hours then, huh?" I asked.

"Yeah. Don't worry too much about Mikaela, once we tell him you're up he'll be back." She said.

"Where the hell are all the nurses?" I questioned.

"They were told to only check in on you every now and again, Mikaela wanted you to be able to rest peacefully, but they're still watching through camera and such." She informed me.

"I want to see Mika." I told her.

"I'll call him." She smiled at me and stood up, she then pulled out her phone and disked his number before putting it on speaker.