7

So I decided I'm just gonna leave whatever song I listen to while I write this in. And I have something that might make some of you happy, the Golden Girls joke is staying in.
...
(Mika)

I was standing outside the bathroom door with Yuu's more dominant father when we suddenly heard a thump and the more motherly one unlocked the door.

Guren went in instantly and felt his son's head for any bumps from the clearly heard impact to the ground. However, now his head was in Shinya's lap.

"I don't feel anything, but he is burning up." Guren said calmly, "Mika, would it be alright if we put him on a couch?"

"I can just take him back to my room." I offered.

"No, no, no. We want to make sure he's ok, we'd really appreciate it if we could just put him somewhere where we can watch him." Shinya said.

"Yeah, we can put him on the one by the kitchen, that way you have cold water at your disposal." I said, "I can carry him in if you two want to go get a rag or anything."

"Are you sure you can lift him?" Guren asked me, "He's kind of a load."

"I got him." I said as I scooped him unmoving body from the floor and held him bridal style, "He really is heavier than he looks." I laughed.

He's unnaturally warm. What's wrong with him? I hope he's ok.

Guren and Shinya went off to get some cold rags from the kitchen and I began to carry him off to the couch.

Along the way, I couldn't help but marvel at how gorgeous he was, even the way the sweat caused his hair to stick to his forehead was beautiful.

"I love you, so much." I whispered to his sleeping form.

When we made it into the living room, Guren and Jack has already made the couch more comfortable for him and Shinya held a bucket of water soaking a rag.

Nothing they do will ever be good enough for you.

I gently set him down on the couch and waited to see what to do next.

Jack left the room to go do whatever the hell it was he did around here, Guren sat on a nearby chair, and Shinya placed the rung out rag onto Yuu's forehead and went to go sit on Guren's lap.

I choose to sit on the couch closest to my angel and turn on the TV.

"So, is this common?" I asked.

"A little, sometimes he just throws up from nothing. Passing out is more rare, but it happens on occasion." Shinya said.

"What's the reason for that?" I questioned.

"There's no medical reason," Guren replied, "it's more mental. He's had it since the first few days he was with us. We took him to the doctor so many times and eventually we took him to a psychiatrist and it ended up being a trauma based thing. There wasn't anything we could do for it, so we just prepared ourselves for it as best as possible."

"The reason we like to keep a close eye on him is because about six years ago he stopped breathing without us realizing and started to asphyxiate." Shinya said with a bit of a disheartened look.