43

Well fuck diddly-uck. It's been a while since I didn't have a chapter ready to go when I wanted to publish one. Now I actually have to... use my brain. And think on the spot. Which, I'm great at due to being a procrastinator so. Ha. I just don't remember wtf happened in the last chapter. Have fun.
...
(Yuu)

"Cake?" I asked as Mika walked through the door with a white box.

"No, Jack said no cake and I have to agree with him. I got you ice cream instead." He patted my head, "I'm sorry, Yuu-Chan."

"Eh, it's fine. I like ice cream as well." I shrugged, instant regret filled me as my lower half screamed, "Fuck."

"You have such odd mood swings." He chuckled as he handed me a little container of vanilla ice cream with a tiny plastic spoon.

"I think I'm allowed to ya be mood swings right now. I can't decide if I'm pissed off, depressed, relived, or stressed."

"Probably all of the above." He spas as he stabbed his little plastic spoon into the sugary goodness, "This is all so fucked up."

"You seem different too, ya know," I pointed out, "You haven't flirted with me much."

He raised his eyebrows and a small smirk formed, "What? Do you want me too?" He mumbled.

"No. Definitely not," I sent him a glare, "You just seem a bit out of character is all."

"I did just watch you get repeatedly stabbed by a sociopath. I think feeling drained is a bit normal." He looked to the side as he ate his ice cream.

"Mika." I said sternly.

"Hm?" The blonde hummed.

"Seriously, I'm ok. I'm just a little sore right now. I'll be perfectly fine." I tried to assure him.

His eyes met mine for the first time in a while, he looked a bit pissed, "Yeah, I know that. Just another traumatic experience for you. You must be used to them by now," Mikaela let out a huff, "This is such bullshit, I'm trying zap hard to not mention this since it's your birthday and all. But we need to talk about what's happened."

I stared down at my ice cream and took a bite, "What's there to talk about? It's not like we don't already know what happened. Mika, I don't know if it's me finally snapping, trying to avoid the trauma, or something else, but I've just stopped giving a shit. I've chosen to love you despite everything. I have faith that you're going to change, and I feel like you already sort of have. There's nothing to discuss."

" I just want to make a real apology about it." His blue eyes stared deep into my soul, "What I did was horrible."

"No shit," I said, "but I don't want to fucking talk about it. I'd rather just forget what happened. I get that you feel bad and honestly you should. I'm not gonna say 'oh, it's ok' it will never be ok. You had and probably still have no trust for me whatsoever. You're so insecure that you think I would leave you at the drop of a hat. You're such a sad, pathetic little boy that I would laugh if I wasn't recovering from the attempted murder that happened to me because of your past. The things that you've done will never be erased. They happened. Honestly, if you got arrested right now, I'd be perfectly fine with that. I'm not gonna act like it's all good just because you apologize. Someone needs to make sure you know just what you've done and no one else is going to do it because god knows you'd kill them too for even daring to speak such and hurting your fragile little feelings. I'm choosing to evade the subject of what happened. Need I remind you of what exactly you did? You fucking murdered my best friends, let alone that one of them is- was my aunt. That doesn't go away, Mikaela. You have to carry that with you for the rest of your life and so do I. No matter how many good things you do, that number of people you've killed, which I don't even want to know, will always outweigh that," I was sure the anger and hatred I was feeling was coming off of me like a strong perfume, "Now, if it's all the same to you, I'd rather not continue to tell you all the reasons that you will forever be seen as a monster in my eyes despite whatever other feelings I may have for you. That feeling will always be number one. And I'm not even being harsh with you. I'm only telling you the truth and I feel like neither one of us really wants to hear it. There is no forgiveness for the things you've done. As much as I would like to forgive you, I never will be able to. Hell, I might even marry you one day, but I will never forgive, and I will never forget."

"...ok." Mika became quiet and I took a moment to calm myself down.

"On the note of possibly marrying you, you may need to look within your staff and figure out who really has your best interests at heart and who is waiting for a chance to take you down." I said I was scrapping the sides of my ice cream container.

"Do you know something I don't, Yuu-Chan?" His icy eyes were amplified by his even icier gaze.

"Perhaps I do. But let's just say you have very misplaced trust. I recommend we keep this between us and do the investigation on your own." I said.

"I should most likely inform Jack if you know there's a rat. He tends to be on top of things, he can find them out easily." Mika smirked in the traitor's ability.

A/N: DEJA VUUU

"Did I stutter? I said keep this between us and do it on your own." I said firmly.

"Fine, fine. I get it." He sighed.

"Also, I want you to make me a promise." I said.

"Sure, whatever your heart desires." He leaned back in his chair, "What is it, my lovely little angel?"

"Don't kill them. Please." I insisted.

He hesitated for a moment and gave me a look of sorrow as his sins weighed heavy on him, "I won't. Actually, let me do you one better."

"You have my attention." I raised a brow.

Mika gave me a soft smile, "It's time to make a change. No more blood on my hands."

A wave of shock went through me, "Are you serious?" He nodded, "Mika, that's... I don't even know how to respond to that. I'm shocked."

"Woah, don't get too excited, you're still recovering." He places his hand on my shoulder.

Something felt a bit off about the way he had worded his promise, I felt it in my very core. I knew that Mika always did things carefully when it came to me. I knew he wasn't lying about this, so the wording... he was looking for some sort of loophole. I knew he was. But I was too taken aback to really think about it.

"This is... I don't even know how to word it. I feel like this is going to help us quite a bit." I smiled brightly at him.

"I definitely hope so." His smile sent an eerie chill down my spine, something was definitely off about him.

What did you do?

...

Well, I was gonna post this later to try and space it out a bit. Buuuuuuuut then I slept on a hanger and decided that I was gonna do whatever the hell I wanted to. So, fuck you, life. Time management? Should've thought about that before you made me sleep on a god damn hanger. Why was there even a hanger on my bed? Huh?