49

I'm 6 chapters (including this one) ahead of schedule. I- what the hell. I never do this. Let's do another early update. I don't even know why I'm calling them early updates anymore. Why am I writing so much?
...
(Yuu)

I strolled along the house trying to find my sister, there were certain rooms that I had never even seen before.

I opened a door and came across various pictures and news articles, all with red strings connecting, "Is he trying to solve a crime?" I asked myself.

Upon closer inspection, I realized most of the articles were about various murders within the business empire, my curiosity dropped, "Oh, it's just him laughing at their stupidity."

I didn't want to be in that room, so I continued on. I was hearing various whispers throughout the house, maids were gossiping and other staff members seemed to be slacking off.

They all looked at me, slightly horrified, whenever I would walk by. I just smiled and waved and they awkwardly did the same.

Do they even know I exist?

I had eventually reached the main entrance, and that's when I realized how little of this house I had actually been in. I've only ever been on the left side of the house, the basement, and a few rooms that I don't really know the location of. I had never been upstairs and I don't know if I've ever been in the right side, but I do know that the right side is where the guest rooms are.

I stared at the door, the exit. I had been able to go out more and more, but not without Mika's consent.

I want to go outside.

I grabbed onto the handle, my anxiety levels rising at an alarming rate. I felt like I was going to have a heart attack. I just couldn't do it.

I pulled my hand away, cursing myself for being so afraid and stared around the room.

Mika won't care if I look around.

I started to climb up the grand steps that lead to the mysterious upstairs. It seemed much more barren than the rest of the house and I couldn't even imagine what was up there, everything seemed to be downstairs.

Just as I was nearing the top a voice yelled at me, "Hey, hey! Where do you think you're going?"

"AH!" I screamed, almost falling down the stairs. I turned to see a bit more of a scruffy, yet clean looking man. He looked about 10 years older than he probably was, like a baby man.

"Upstairs." I said, clenching my chest.

He scared the shit out of me.

"Why?" He asked, his man bun seemed to strain his red hair, his 5 O'clock shadow was forming into more than just stubble, and his dark brown eyes had massive bags under them.

"Oh my god, you look exhausted!" I quickly ran down the steps, "Is Mika not letting you sleep enough? I'll kick his ass." I snarled.

His face looked a little shocked, "Umm, are you good? That's really not a you problem." He looked away.

"I mean, it is if it's Mika's fault. If not, you need to sleep more." I scolded, Dad had taught me well.

"We're all a little tired right now. Nothing we can do about it," he shrugged, "so, are you Mr. Shindo's boy toy?" He asked.

I couldn't help but laugh, "No, I think it's more the other way around."

He chuckled a bit, "That's what I like to hear! My names Kai." He put out his hand.