23

(Mika)(Yeah we're getting him now. If we reveal a shit-ton about Ray then we gotta do Mika next. Ray doesn't deserve our time.)

I had somehow ended up back on the phone with my companion and my original family over something she didn't understand.

"I don't care what that old fūck wants. He has no say. He's lucky he's even alive." I calmly told Akane over Jack's phone.

"Mikaela, I don't know what to do. I can't take care of him, I never do. You never let me go near him, if you can't do it, you get Jack to do it." He squeaky voice rang through.

I felt a bit more pressure be added to my head as I assumed my fūcking eyes were changing, "Then learn how to fūcking do it." I said through gnashed teeth.

She paused for a moment, "Did you take your medication?" She asked.

"How is this related?" I asked impatiently.

"Well... technically it is," She said cockily, "But it's at the house still. You need to take it. None of want a repeat of last time, it'll be the same and you'll-"

"I already know." I assured her, "That's never going to happen again. The effects have... worn off. My eyes are just something I have to live with."

"MIKAELA!" She yelled so loud I had to pull the phone a bit away from my ear, "That's bullshit and you know it! You almost lost it the other day with our little break in/out. I've never seen your eyes that dark. But," she seemed to be thinking of the right way to phrase whatever it was she was trying to say, "imagine what would happen if they went all the way, and no one was there to control."

I gave a sarcastic laugh, "Then you better pray for the poor assholes that made the mistake of pissing me off."

"And everyone in the surrounding area." Jack mumbled.

"Where are you?" Akane asked.

"On the phone." I answered assholey.

"Where is the phone?" She tried her hardest to put up with me.

"With me." I smirked.

"Mika, do you really think you have time for jokes? Who knows where Yuu is?" Jack asked me.

"Just... remember to take your medication." Akane sighed.

"It's not a problem unless someone can make me that mad." I explained.

"Yes, before it seemed almost impossible. But now that Yuu's involved, it's much easier to set you off." Jack informed me, "The situation has changed. We have no clue what will make you that mad."

I decided it better to simply hang up than try to think of a way to respond to that.

It's not Yuu-Chan that makes me mad. It's the pricks surrounding him that make me mad.

But, I still couldn't deny that Jack was right.

His involvement had made things a hell of a lot more complicated.
....
(Yuu)

Oh, fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck. Run, run you moron, come on.

I sprinted around, probably looking like a chicken with its head cut off. Do you- do you want to hear something funny?

Remember how I didn't dare look back when Mika was chasing me? While I did for Ray. I can't tell you why. But it already happened.

It's not even that he was chasing me, nope. He was just standing where I left him, bones looking like they were snapping out of place. As his body fell to the ground, I started to realize just how fucked up my life had actually become. His shoulder blades shifted and popped up, his spine practically tearing out from his flesh, arms and legs contorting into different shapes.

Oh, god. Mother of Jesus, sweet Virgin Mary. That's not natural. That's not ok. I'm not ok with this.

I continued to run, once again, for my literal life. Except this time, I might've actually died.

I heard a howl, followed by many others. The night seemed so vivid with the sounds. I started to freak the hell out as... well.... as hell seemed to break loose. There were sounds coming from every direction and I had a feeling that it wasn't exactly some friendly Woodlawn creatures.

I had no where to go, and all that was around me was trees. Trees for miles.

I should've stayed in that basement.

I touched my noose and winced in pain.

I can't go back to that man. Either one of them.

I looked up at the tall trees and decided I should at least try my luck. I latched my hand onto one of the low enough branches and out my other on one a little higher up and pulled myself into it. Upper body strength finally did me a favor.

From there it was easy dialing, I just had to climb from one branch to another. Once I got to a point I felt decently safe and no one could see me, I sat on the branch and clung onto that tree with all my strength.

I heard a crackle eat below me and looked down to just barley see a black shadow of something giant.

The wolf that cane with it, while it was black like the one I had grown to like, that one was nothing compared to this one. This wolf was huge, bigger than a grizzly bear.

As they looked around I could just barley see part of their eyes. They weren't red like the one from before. Their eyes were a mix...

One blue.

And one green.

Holy.... no. That's not possible. Calm down. Just stay calm.

The wolf seemed satisfied with his check and walked off with poise and elegance.

Oh, god. What have I gotten myself into?
...
Well, according to grown up Dora, you've gotten yourself in some real mierda profunda.