Ending C

(Yuu)

I hesitated for one second more, I didn't know if I could actually do it. But I'm the end, I stabbed the glass shard right into his back. He convulsed back with pain and I waited for Ray to get up and do something... but he didn't. Mika was shocked for about a minute, but Ray still didn't move.

Ray didn't move.

"Well damn, this sure is a fucking twist," Mikaela laughed as he stood from Ray's body, "too bad you waited, your best friend over there kicked the bucket while you hesitated."

I backed up and slipped on one of the broken shards of glass, multiple pieces lodged into different parts of my body as I yelped out in pain. One piece in particular lodged into my leg. I couldn't move. I couldn't run.

"Yeah, hurts, huh? Sure as hell hurt when you fucking lodged it into my back. Are you ok, my precious little gem?" He kneeled down.

"I'm sorry." I said quickly.

"Oh, I'm sure you are. But, do you know what?" The smile he was holding dropped instantly, "I'm so tired of all this bullshit. You have no idea how frustrating it is to try and keep you by my side. I'm thinking that ending it here would be my safest option."

"Mikaela, please don't, I'm sorry. I'll never do anything like again, I'm sorry!" I shouted.

"Baby, baby, baby. That's not how this works, you know that. I'll give you a choice. Ok?" He smiled as he picked up another one of the larger shards.

I nodded as I waited for what was to come.

"Here they are, either you finally fucking submit, or, as much as this pains me, I kill you right here right now. It would not be difficult for me to do so. I might regret it later, but oh well, I've been regretting a lot of things lately." He said.

Die or live a life under Mikaela's rule?

"I don't think I want to die." I said as tears began selling up in my eyes.

"Yeah? Well I don't either but that didn't seem to bother you. I'm sure Raymond also didn't want to die," he used the sharp object to raise my chin up and a small amount of blood dropped down, "you're not even fighting back. Wow, even your blood is pretty. Just like you."

I don't want to die. I don't want to die. I don't want to die.

"Tick-tock, dear." He pressed upwards a little more, biting his lip.

I can't live like this anymore. I can't do it. I don't want to die but this life is so much worse. I don't like how I'm constantly forced to feel. I don't like the way I think anymore. I don't want to live this way.

"Kill me," I said staring into those blue orbs I had grown to hate so much, "I'd rather die."

He pressed his lips together and raised his eyebrows, "Honestly wasn't expecting that. You sure?"

"I'm certain, I don't understand how it went this way when you've been nothing but careless since day 1, you've made dumb moves and some day soon it will come back for you," If I was going down I was at least going to keep my dignity, I stared him down, hatred burning within me. Mikaela was going to be the death of me and I knew it. But at least I wasn't afraid of him anymore, the end was inevitable. So I guess not being afraid didn't count for much. I was going to be just another statistic, another number on Mika's kill count, "Do it, I refuse to spend another minute like this."

He sighed and smiled, "Alright, Yuu-Chan. We'll try again in another life. Alright?"

I wrapped my hand around the piece that was going to end me, blood started dripping down my hand, "I'll see you in hell." I jutted the piece upwards.

And that was it.

...
(4 months later)
(Mikaela)

I don't really know what to say at this point. Who would've thought that one thing would've lead to such a downfall for me? No... I guess it was a build up of careless mistakes. I was impulsive.

Sure, the psychological impact of killing him was just horrendous. But now things are coming to the surface. Matthew betrayed me. I don't know why betrayal surprised me anymore. Everyone knows my secrets now.

I was most likely going to get sentenced to death. Money couldn't save me now. I tried, believe me. I mean, sure, I've spilt enough blood to fill a fucking swimming pool, but I've also tampered with elections, stolen information, blackmailed people, assisted in murder, and withheld information. It was not looking good. At least I always paid my taxes, I guess.

I stared down at the water, never really thought things would end this way. Never really thought they'd end at all. There was no stopping the great Mikaela Shindo.

What a fucking joke.

My phone began to ring and I picked it up. Of course it was none other than Matthew.

"Have you found my location yet?" I asked.

"I'm excited to see you rot." his voice was so full of hatred, just like his was at the end.

"Oh? Then I'm sure you'll be thrilled soon enough. Good luck finding the body though." I laughed.

"What the hell did you do?!" He screamed.

"Well," I glanced over the cliff at the crashing waves, "I guess you could say I'm getting one last kill in."

"Mikaela! You fucking sicko!" He was so loud.

"Well, I have to go now, Matthew. Don't wanna keep him waiting." I hung up and threw the phone as far as I could.

I stared down at the water one last time, before letting myself fall over the edge.

See you soon, Yuu-Chan.

...

Aaaannnnnndddd that's the end of that. Holy shit. 3 years and 2 rewrites later we're finally done! I'm thrilled! Thank you all so much for reading this book, it means a lot to me and I'm so happy that it finally came to an end. Yay me for finally pulling through! Yayyyyy. Anyway, I hope you all have a great day and thank you again for giving this book your love and support! I'm so happy to have finally finished it! I'm still not all that happy with it, but I'm just glad it's done!

Have a very happy Halloween!