54

Somebody come get her, she's dancing like a stripper.

This chapter is cringey

Also, let's say like 3 weeks have passed.
...
(Yuu)

Mathew and I decided it was probably best if I just stayed with him for now and we'll see how far that gets by the time the monster comes back for me.

"I'm gonna go to work," he said as he put in his contacts, "do you work today?"

"Yep. It was surprisingly easy to get a job," I laughed, "but I do like the coffee shop."

"Well, he left most of your important things with me anyway." Matthew shrugged.

"Ight, I'll see you later, Matt." I patted him on the back as I walked out.

"Uh, Yuu," Matthew but his bottom lip, "you were making the faces again last night and saying some weird things."

"Oh? I'm sorry, was I bothering you?" I asked.

"N-no. You just," he gripped his hands a bit, "you called out for Mikaela. You sounded very... desperate... to get his attention. Are you sure you don't want to go back?"

"Nah, this is the shit," I laughed as I left the house, "I don't even remember those dreams. Must've been a nightmare."

(A/N: I must've wrote that line literally right before I fell asleep and I'm keeping it because I don't remember writing it and it sounds weird)

I was enjoying freedom quite a lot. I was even working, my god I loved working. The coffee shop wasn't that far down the road so I was really enjoying the walks I got to take, I loved being outside more than anything right now.

"Good morning." I waved to my coworkers as I entered.

"Morning, Yuu. In a good mood as always. It's too early for that." One of my favorites, Rick, said as I walked in.

"We work in a coffee shop, drink some if you're that tired." I smiled. I was smiling a lot anymore. I actually don't think I've stopped smiling since this little vacation of mine began.

The one thing that I didn't like about Rick was his hair and eyes. Platinum blonde hair and bright blue eyes, that always put me off. But his personality was very different.

"I don't even like coffee, I'm here for the sweets." He shrugged.

"You would, Pat, you would." I laughed.

"Ugh, I hate that name. Rick. Just call me Rick." He sighed, tying his long blonde hair up into a man bun. It looked good on him.

"Alright, Rick. Anyway, does Tia work today?" I asked.

"You've literally only been working here for like 4 days, how do you already know everyone's names?" Rick asked.

"I don't know." I shrugged.

I felt genuinely happy. I was living a normal life for once. No murder, no stabbing, no Mika. Matthew was always nice, and I knew I didn't have to worry about him snapping. I was really living the dream.

I hope Mika never comes back. Maybe I can go back to high school or even do online schooling. Matthew seems to like the company. Maybe I could even reconnect with my parents.

Even the thought of this life continuing made me happy. This was healthy. I loved every second that I didn't need to be afraid.

...
(Mika)

I made my way through the narrow hall, the lights had begun to flicker at a certain point and I didn't really care about fixing them right now.

"If you go into the woods today, you're in for a big surprise. If you go into the woods today, you better go in disguise. For every bear that ever there was will gather there for certain because today's the day the teddy bears have their picnic. Picnic time for the teddy bears, the little teddy bears are having a-" I felt my hand run across something wet and cold and looked down to see a bright red liquid coating my hand, "Well, it looks like I may have broke my promise," I laughed as I felt all the blood that covered me, both old and new, "7 left."