Daughters Dad

You run. You run away from it all. All the pain. All the torture. Your practically breaking out into laughter because your so happy you got away. Screams and shouts come from behind you but you don't dare look back.

So much death and torture happend back there and now your free. Your coverd in blood and your clothes barley keep you warm in the autumn breeze but your just glad to have gotten away.

Night soon comes and you hide in a small store. The blood dried and you wipe it off, trying to look at clean as possible. The door swings open and you quickly grab your knife, holding beside you.

You hear more then 4 pairs of feet. The sound of guns clicking sends you over the edge and you dart behind a shelf. You slowly walk towards the door, makeing no noise. A gun clicks behind you and you shoot around.

A tall, skinny boy stands infront of you. His dark hair, makeing his pale skin and green blue eyes stand out. He holds a sniper rifle, pointing straight at you.

You freeze and wait for him to say something but he just stares at you. You blink and he snaps out of his day dream.

"Oh umm who are you"? He asks, turning a cute shade of pink.

"Im Y/n". He smerks. You relax a bit, still squeezing the knife, causing your knuckles to turn white.

"Don't worry im not going to hurt you". He says. You scoff.

"And I should trust you why"? He looks impressed.

"Because I trust you". He replys and you loosen your grip. The rest of the group joins him and examines you. You sigh and step backwards.

"I have to go. Umm my group is waiting for me". You lie and turn away. They didn't look like they believed it though.

"Where would they be? Are they close"? A lady asks. You turn around.

"Um yeah there just down the street". She shakes her head and steps forward.

"Im Roberta Warren. Don't ever Lue to me. We just searched all the buildings and no one was anywhere". Fear shoots through your body as she walks towards you. You think and an idea pops into your head.

"Fine I was lying to you. But I have a good reason". She puts her hand on her hip.

"And the reason would be"? You sigh and decide to tell the truth.

"I need to find my daughter. When we were trying to escape a group we got split up and now she's out there all alone". They all looked shocked and sad.

Warren examines you closely. Tears sting your eyes but you hold them back.

"I really need to go. She needs me. She's only 8". She sighs and walks past you.

"Get into the back of the truck, were going to help you find her". Exitment shoots through your body and you follow her to the truck. You jump into the back.

The boy gets in beside you and blushes as his arm brushes against yours. He sighs and leans back.

"So you never told me your name". He opens his eyes and smiles.

"Im 10k". You raise an eyebrow.

"10k"? You ask blankly. He nods. You shrug and keep watching.

*4 hours later*

Your about to give up hope but you see a bush move. You lift your head up from 10ks shoulder and move forward. You see Lilies blound hair from behind the bush. You jump up and run out of the truck.

"Lili"! You yell and run behind the bush. She wipes tears from her eyes and looks up. She smiles and jumps up.

"Mom"! She clutches your shirt and you pick her up.

"Are you ok? Are you hurt"? She shakes her head and you smile. You can her back to the truck and put her in the back with 10k. Her eyes light up and you know what she's about to say.

"Daddy"? She asks. He looks scared and confused.

"Lili daddy passed. Remember"? She nods her head and turns away. You look up at 10k.

"Sorry about that. You look alot like her Dad and she gets mixed up sometimes. She just missed him so much". You rub Lili's arm and she leans into your side. He sighs and thinks for a bit.

"I know this is gonna sound weird but.....if it would make her happy....I could pretend to be her Dad"? You glance down at Lili and she's out cold. You look back up at 10k and smile.

"You don't have to if you don't want to". He just smerks.

"I want to".

Sorry that this one's so short.