Tom boy

*10k pov *

Laughter bursts out behind me and I turn around. There she sat, her hat backwards, her bandana tied around her neck, her smile was beaming as she laughed along with Murphy and Doc.

She was a Tom boy, that much was true but she was gorgeous. The way her hair fell around her face, but the way her eyes sparkled still took my breath away.

She looks up at me and her smile widens. Murphy nudges her, smirks then whispers something to her. She slaps his arm and he whines.

"Jesus Christ Y/n! Your such an asshole sometimes". She laughs and grabs a bottle of water, taking a quick sip from it.

"You do not lie Alvin Murphy". She smiles at him as he sends a quick glare at her.

"Y/n, 10k, you two are my best scavengers, go out and look for gas and food. We can't leave until we get that gas though, so hurry". Warren says as she walks into the kitchen.

I nod and stand up as y/n rolls her eyes.

"Make Murphy do something for once. All he ever does is sit on his ass and complain". She says as she gets up, grabbing her gun from off the table.

As she walks over to me, it give me time to look at her outfit. She was wearing short tight camo shorts and a black tank top,  coverd by a half zipped up black baggy sweater.

The sleeves hang off of her hands and she smiles once she gets in front of me.

"Let's hit the road 10". She says, playfully punching my shoulder before she walks out of the house.

I follow close behind her, watching as her hair bounces behind her.

"So where we off to"? She asks, turning around. I shrug and she groans.

"You don't talk very much do you? You've been with us since back at the high school and I barely ever hear you talk".

"I guess I'm just the quiet type". I say, wanting to drop the subject.

"Well I like it, it's cute really. It means your mysterious, yet courageous and sweet". I raise an eyebrow at her and she smiles again.

"The way you present yourself, represents your personality, the person you are really. Well at least that's what I think, you can shut me up if I'm talking to much. I tend to do that when I'm nervous, then I start blurting random stuff out and-".

"Why are you nervous"? She shuts her mouth and face palms.

"I didn't mean to say that, see I randomly blurt stuff out". She looks back up at me, her eyebrows furrowed together as if she was concentrating.

"I have a crush on you, I think that your cute, smart and courageous. I'm only telling you this because Doc and Murphy are forcing me to". At first I felt happy but then a little bit sad, would she not have told me if they wernt making her tell me?

"I mean, I would have told you! Just not yet. I would have waited until I was older and more mature like you. I'm only 17, your like twenty something, your an adult. I don't even know if you like me, just forget about this and let's got look for supplys". She says and starts walking away.

I grab her arm and pull her back, stareing down at her face.

"I'm actually 19, I'm barely qualified as an adult. And I do like you, your adorable, intelligent and brave". I say before smashing my lips onto hers.

She smiles into the kiss, resting a hand on my cheek.

I pull away and interlace our fingers as we walked down the street. She was smiling all the way, laughing and giggling like she was in a dream.

Once we got back Murphy got all over dramatic and said that the aliens came down and brain swiped her, but that caused her to laugh more.

I just love to think that I was the cause of this.