Climber

Idea given to me by my semi helpful, yet annoying bestie Maddidog. I will also try to update my other book you pickle.

I sit in a tree, peering down at the strange boy and his group.

"I thought I saw her come this way." The boy says, clutching his rifle tightly in his hands.

"We'll find her, she couldn't have gone to far." A girl with red hair said.

Why won't they just leave? I took there food for a reason, I'm hungry. They can always find more.

"Ok, we'll have to split up. Doc and 10k, Addy and Mack, Murphy your with me." A darker woman says, I'm assuming she's the leader.

She and the man named Murphy walk to the left, Addy and Mack go to the left and the boy and Doc stay walking around this area.

I move my feet slightly to get into a more comfortable position but the boy heard and shoots his head up to where I am.

His eyes squint to look through the leaves but it was obvious he couldn't see me.

He pulls his gun up and points it up at me.

I swiftly jump down from that branch and land on the ground with a loud thud.

I begin to run, pulling out my gun in the process, just incase.

"Hey stop!" The boy calls out from behind me as he chases after me.

I laugh and look back at him.

"Nah, I'm ok." I say and dart left towards a tree with multiple branches.

I quickly climb up and hide on one of the lower branches.

He runs right underneath the tree and looks around.

I smirk and jump from the tree, landing on him. He collapses on the ground with a grunt.

"Ha, dumass." I say and grab his gun from him, throwing it behind us. I pin his hands to the ground and look at him.

"Your fast, I'll give you that. But I'm smarter." I say to him, my voice cocky.

"Just give us back our food." He growls. I pull my knife out of its holster and press it against his neck.

"Or what? Your gonna kill me?" I laugh and press the knife harder into his skin.

"It's a shame I'm gonna have to kill you. You are quite handsome." I say to him, using my other hand to trace his jawline.

His eyes widen when I say "kill".

"Please don't." He says, although he didn't seem to really mean it.

"Im sorry, if I let you go, you'll kill me. It's just the way this fucked up world works." I say. I was about to cut a deep line in his neck but I feel a gun press against the back of my head.

"Drop the knife." A woman's voice says. I do as told, stareing straight ahead of me.

"Give us back our food." She demands. I shake my head. She grips onto the stolen backpack that rested on my bag and forcefully takes it from me.

"Now stand up."

"What if I don't. " I growl. She clicks the safety off on her gun and presses it harder against my head.

I laugh and shake my head.

"Do it then, pull the trigger. Just know an innocent girls blood will be on your hands." I state.

"Innocent? You stole our food. You could have starved us." She snarls.

"And I apologize for that. I was hungry, saw the food and snapped. I haven't eaten in a week, I've already passed out from dehydration." I explain to her.

"I was simply trying to survive another day, but that won't happen. Either you shoot me and put me out of my misery or you let me go and I starve to death."

She sighs and clicks the safety back on.

"Stand up." I do as she says and turn to face her.

"Your a good." She says with a smile on her face.

"Good at what?" I ask.

"At guilt tripping people, making yourself seem innocent and believeable." She exclaims.

I look around at the other group members then smile at her.

"Yeah, I've mastered that." I state.

"I like you, even if you did attempt to steal our food."

"I'm lieutenant Roberta Warren, and I'd like you to join us on are mission to California." Warren says as she sticks her hand out.

"I'm y/n and I'd love to join you on your mission to California." I reply as I shake her hand.

"Great, everybody back to the truck then." Warren says.

"Are just gonna ignore the fact that she tried to kill me?" The boy asks, his voice laced with worry.

I look to him and smile.

"Don't be afraid, I don't bite." I scan his body with my eyes.

"Unless you want me to." I say and bite my lip gently. He gives me a weird look.

"Ok, I don't think I like her." He says as he hurrys up to the one they call Doc.

"You can uh, bite me if you want." A blue dude says from beside me. 

"Nah I'm good, I usually don't take a liking to smurfs." I state.

"Oh ha ha."

I think I like this group, there fun to mess with.

This is just sad.