Why does it hurt so danm much

You see your ex. Tommy. He stands in an ally way with a group. You glance down the alleyway and see a hoard of Z's. You jump from the roof and grab onto a rope, sliding down. You jump off and land in a crouching position.

You pull out a machete and smile at the Z's. You swing and decapitate 3. You grab 2 knives out of your boots and throw them into the heads of 2 Z's. You stab another in the brain and pull out your pistol, shooting the last one in the head.

You turn back to the group, not even a speck of blood on you. There eyes are wide and you raise an eyebrow. Tommy refuses to look at you and finds the ground more interesting.

"What"? You ask and fling the blood off your machete. A dark skinned women scoffs and steps forward.

"That was amazing". You roll your eyes and smile.

"Thanks but there was only 7 I could easily take on 15 or more". She sticks out her hand.

"Im Roberta Warren". You shake her hand and push your hair back.

"Y/n".

"Nice to meet you Y/n. This is my group. Doc, Addy, Mack, Murphy and 10k". She points at them as she says there names. Tommy, or should I say 10k still refuses to look at you.

"So where are you guys headed"? You ask.

"To California". You smile and examine there bags.

"You look like you guys could use some food and water and maybe a good night's rest". Warren nods.

"I have a town a few miles away. I have food, water and houses. You can stay as long as you want. We have a population of 20 people. Would you like to come back with me"? Warren smiles.

"That would be nice. Thank you". You nod and motion for them to follow you.

"Warren are you sure you want to go with her"? 10k pushes his way up to Warren. You examine him and smile.

"10k. Don't be rude. We need rest and supply's and she's offering them to us. Just enjoy it". 10k finally looks at you and you feel butterflies in your stomach.

"You have every right to be skeptical 10k because you don't know me. But I insure you that im not a threat". You smerk at him and start walking.

You and the group arrive at your town. You bang on the gates and Gabe opens them.

"I thought you were dead! The town hasn't been doing good without you"! He wraps his arms around you, and pulls you into a tight hug.

"I was only gone for a week. I've been gone longer! And I found these guys". You pull away from the hug and point at the group.

"There going to stay here for a bit". He nods and smiles at them.

"Oh yeah Meriha passed. She couldn't handle the dieses". You shake your head.

"It was only a matter of time. C'mon let's show you guys to your house". You start to walk and the group follows.

You give them a tour of the town and show them to there house.

"You can stay as long as you want, I really don't mind". Warren smiles.

"We really appreciate this. Is there anyway we can thank you"? You smile and shake your head.

"There's nothing you can do. We need to look out for each other in the apocalypse it's the least expensive could do". She nods and the group disappears into the house.

After a couple of hours the night takes over the day and your on watch. You stand in the tower and examine the ground. The door opens and you expect it to be Gabe but when you turn around its someone you'd least expect. 10k.

"Can I talk to you"? He asks. You nod and he stands beside you.

"Im sorry for our past. I was a stupid teenager". You smile and nod.

"You sure we're stupid. I remember the time you almost killed us both on that motercycle you found". He laughs.

"You were pretty stupid to". You scoff.

"When"? He rolls his eyes.

"Remember the time you let that dude, Jacob into our group? He tried to kiss me". You giggle along with him but eventually that ends and an awkward silence takes its place.

"I forgive you 10k. I never blamed you. It's the apocalypse and I didn't give you what you wanted but that girl did...". You wipe your eyes and sigh.

"I know you never ment to ditch me and leave me to die, alone. I know that you didn't mean to say those hurtful words that still play through my head every day. I know that your not here right now and that this is all just a dream because I just forgot about you but somehow you came back into my life"! The door swings open and Gabe walks through.

"Y/n you can go home now. It's my turn to take watch". You nod and walk past him, 10k following close behind.

"Im so sorry. I never ment to hurt you". You chuckle and turn to him.

"Then why did it hurt so damn much"?

A big shout out to everyone who voted or commented on my story's! And a shout out to everyone who's reading! I love you guys so much and I hope that your enjoying ( if you made it this far obviously your enjoying! Im stupid, I know)! Thank you guys so so much for choosing my book to read!