Reunited

Flashback

"You promise to never leave me"? I ask, causing him to smile.

"I promise".

"Pinkie promise"? I stick out my pinkie and he nods, wrapping his pinkie around mine.

"Pinkie promise".

End of flashback

That was ten years ago. I'm 18 now, I've been searching the whole apocalypse for my best friend but I could never find him. Last time I saw Tommy was just before shit hit the fan. I miss him.

I sigh as I enter another empty store, looking for food or water. I was dangerously low on supplys, and was definitely on the verge of dyeing of dehydration.

I walk to the back of the store and hear a framiler sound, it was a creek or a river and it was close. I run out the back door and down a steep hill.

Once I get to the bottom, a huge smile stretches across my face at the sight of a huge running river. I crouch down and cup my hands in the water, bringing it up to my face.

I fill up all of my water bottles then stand up, walking down the side of the river. Me and Tommy always walked along rivers together, we would always try to cross them.

As the memories of Tommy flood through my head again, tears rush to my eyes. I start to trudge up the hill, wanting to get back onto the street.

I wipe the tears from my eyes and loom up at the sky, the sun was bright but the world felt cold.

"Stop walking". I hear the safety of a gun click off and I look up to see a woman pointing a gun at me.

The rest of her group had there guns pulled and I stop dead in my tracks.

"I'm so sorry to bother you but we don't know much about this place, we could use your help. All we need you to do is point us in the direction of California".

"I'm sorry but I'm not from around here, I'm just passing....by.....". I trail off as I see there gaze look behind me. I then hear loud footsteps thumping behind me, getting closer.

I turn around then feel arms wrap around my body, lifting me off the ground and spinning me around.

I look at the strange boys face then quickly hug back, digging my face into the crook of his neck.

"Oh my god, Tommy! I missed you so much". I say, tears rushing to my eyes. He hugs me tighter and I could tell he was smiling.

"I missed you to, and I'm sorry I broke my promise". He says, his voice cracking slightly.

"Oh don't be sorry. That was my fault, I couldn't find you". I reply, pulling away and looking into his eyes.

"Holy shit, you've grown up". I say, amazed he looked so different.

"You've grown to, it was hard to reconize you, but I remembered to cute way you stand". I smile and he put me down.

"10k's got himself a girlfriend now"? A random dude asks. I glance back at the group and raise an eyebrow.

"Who the hell is 10k"? I ask. They point at Tommy and I turn back. He was blushing like crazy as I poke his shoulder.

"That's adorable". I tease.

"Yeah yeah, can we drop the name now"? He asks. I shake my head.

"Nope, I'm gonna tease you about this forever". He groans and rolls his eyes.

"Well sorry to break the reunion up but we should get going". The middle woman says. They start to pile into the truck and I follow Tommy into the bed.

After about an hour of talking and catching up, Tommy says something strange.

"Your really pretty now. I mean you were pretty back then but your gorgeous now. You've grown up perfectly. I remember when we were younger and we were swimming, you had your shirt off but your chest was flat, I always wondered if you were a boy, of course once we got older you could definitely tell your a girl but, I always thought that was hilarious".

"Your a very strange person Tommy". I mutter, feeling a little bit embarrassed.

"No! It's not like I stare at your breasts or anything it's just, I notice things! I'm not a creep or anything". He practicly yells.