Chapter twenty eight

I groaned and stretched my back making a sickening crack sound echo across the studio walls.

"I'm gonna go get some more coffee." I told the producer. He nodded and focused on his computer.

I pulled my hoodie up and loosely tied the strings before leaving the studio room.

I walked down the usual quiet halls because no one was really here at three in the morning grinding like I was. Or so I thought.

"Walking round with my head down but I can't hide with these high heels on. Downtown in a thick crowd, but it's just you that my mind is on. Shoot." I could hear someone groan from the room down the hall.

I idled down the hall as the voice became more prominent as they sung. Whoever this girl was, her voice was freaking amazing.

I leaned against wall outside of the door to hear more of her.

"Should've been us. Should've been a fire, should've been a perfect storm. I can see you, Y/n there's a mirror right outside of the door." My eyes widened as I looked at the mirror in front of me at her laughing figure.

I blushed slightly and turned into the room.

"Hey..." I chuckled and waved awkwardly. She smiled, showing her famous dimple before sitting the guitar besides her.

"Hi stalker." I looked around the empty studio and saw a bunch of papers and notebooks sprawled around.

"Good to know I'm not the only messy song writer." I sat across from her as she ruffled her curly hair. "What are you still doing here?" I asked.

She folded her legs under her and smiled brightly.

"Same as you."

"The 'cant sleep so I write' or the 'depressed artsy kid' reason?" I asked while toying with my thumb ring.

A small smiled crossed her face as she leaned back.

"So you admit you're depressed? Only took three encounters." I chuckled lowly and looked at the hardware floor.

"Whatever. So, I've been here since the afternoon and judging by the dark circles under your eyes, I'd assume you've been here longer?" She nodded and sucked in a breath.

"Eleven am." She winked, making my stomach flutter for some unknown reason.

"Beat me by an hour. I also know that the studio has no good food. Would you accompany me to a late night meal?" She cocked an eyebrow and crossed her arms.

"This isn't one of your schemes to get me in bed with you is it? Because I'm not a-"

"Rebound girl, I know." I stood up and held my hand out to her. "Honestly, I just need a friend right now." I shrugged. She studied my hand for a moment before sighing and taking it into her own.

"Don't make me regret this, Y/ln." I chuckled and led her out of the room, closing the door on our way out. "Where is a place open at three in the morning anyways?"

I looked back at her and smirked. "Trust me Tori, a lot in LA."

-

"Ihop, really?" She giggled as I opened the front door for her.

"Heck yeah, open twenty four seven and breakfast for...well breakfast. I forgot it's morning." I shook my head and walked in after her.

"Hi welcome to IHOP. I'm crystal and I'll be your server this..morning?" She giggled lightly as she looked at her watch. "Yes, can I start you off with some drinks?" She asked as she sat two menus in front of us.