Chapter fifty three

"Thanks man." I said to the uber driver as I climbed out. When I started to the house I noticed the christmas lights hanging and the Santa Claus blow up. And that's when I remembered. "Wait!" I ran back to the car and the uber driver, Jacob, raised his eyebrows at me.

"You forget something?" He asked with a soft smile.

"Um, sort of. How do you feel about being my driver for a few stops? I'll pay." He shrugged before motioning to the front seat. "Cool man, thank you." I climbed into the front seat before taking off my backpack. "Can you go to Rodeo Drive? I forgot to pick out gifts and my girl would rip my head off if I didn't get her anything." He laughed as he backed out of the driveway and started back down the street.

"I understand that. My wife gave me the 'I don't want anything for Christmas' crap and then when I didn't get her anything she gave me the silent treatment."

I smacked my lips and nodded. "Exactly, why do girls have to be like that?"

We talked about his wife, Meredith, and how they were going to his in laws for Christmas. He didn't want to at all.

"I love Mer to death but her parents," he huffed while shaking his head. "It's been ten years and they still treat me like her high school boyfriend." He pulled to a stop on the sidewalk and gave me a smile. "I'll be right here."

"Thanks man." I swung the door open and jogged to nearest store which was Gucci. I pulled the door open and luckily they weren't closed yet.

"Hi welcome." I smiled at the cashier as I walked over to her.

"Hey, do you know where to get those ugly ass shoes?" She furrowed her eyebrows. "The balenciaga ones."

"Ohh yeah." She chuckled and led me to the section with the shoes Vanessa liked for some damn reason. "Would you like the white ones or black."

I hummed and looked at the both of them. "She already has black so white, size seven." She nodded and grabbed the shoe box. "Can I get those fur slippers too?"

 "Can I get those fur slippers too?"

She grabbed the two shoes and took them to the cash register

She grabbed the two shoes and took them to the cash register. I leaned against the counter and looked at the jewelry under the glass. I remember Vanessa saying something about her watch breaking. I dont know how she broke a watch but then again, its Vanessa.