Chapter thirty two

(That rainbow tho 👀)

"Hi Y/n." I could V mumble as she walked into the room. "I have another bag of letters for you. Your fans are really going crazy right now." I heard a thump before the chair scraped and she took my hand. "It's the beginning of week two and your name is still everywhere in the news. People love you."

Isn't that crazy? People could hate your guys but as soon as something tragic happens to you, they all of a sudden root for you like they were there from the beginning. Just like lil peep, no one really listened to him until he died. That's tragic.

"Hi Vanessa." A familiar voice said. "Hi Y/n its Layla, I'm going to stretch your legs now okay?"

Layla was my physical therapist or something like that. The first time she came, she told me she was making sure my muscles and joints stayed loose.

I felt her grab my right leg and lift it slowly before pulling it to the side.

"Has she shown any twitches recently?"

"Just the same eye twitches and occasionally squeezing my hand."

This was considered my normal. I'd lay here while others conversed. At first it was scary as hell but now it was just a thing.

"Ok sweety, I'm going to put pressure on your foot now." Layla called. She grabbed my right foot and squeezed the middle and kneeded her way to the heel.

Her hand left my foot and, like always, never touched my left leg. I didn't understand why she would only massage one leg but whatever. She knew what she was doing.

"Ok, all done. I'll see you in two days, Y/n. Bye Vanessa." Her footsteps echoed against the floor before the sound of the door closed.

Vanessa sighed and climbed into the bed with me, something she started a couple days ago.

"I never knew how much I could miss your voice until now." She whispered and played with my fingers. "I was going through my phone and saw all of our old pictures. I think that's the second thing I want to do when you wake up. Take a million pictures to caption every moment with you."

I blinked again, hoping my eyes would open this time. Come on, just wake up.

I took in a deep breath and willed my entire body to relax. As if the universe heard my plea for the thousandth time, I was suddenly blinded by bright lights.

I quickly closed my eyes back and slowly opened them this time.

I blinked rapidly as my eyes watered from the light. Holy shit, I was up.

I moved my head slightly, I could move too!

I looked down at V as silent tears ran down her cheeks while she laid on my chest.

I swallowed a glob of spit to wet my vocal chords before speaking, "What's the first thing?" I rasped out.

She snapped her head up and stared at me with wide eyes.

"Y-Y/n?" She grabbed my cheeks and scanned over my face.

"Hi.." I whispered. She shook her head and smashed our lips together. I weakly raised my arms and held her sides.

"Yo chik-fil-a had a sale on chicken strips and I went all o-" V pulled away and allowed me to see Vivian with wide eyes.

"Hey sis." She squealed and dropped her bag of food as she ran over to me.

"You're up?!" She dove on top of V and I. I groaned at the pressure on my stomach. "Ellie!" She yelled.

"What what?" I looked at the brunette who stood at the door with a similar expression
"You guys didn't get a nurse?!" She said before quickly running back out of the room.