Chapter forty

The crowd stared at me in confusion as my eyes nearly spun in circles from the shock.

"Y/n.." I hazily looked up and saw Ellie standing next to me, subtly checking up on me. "What's up?"

I shook my head and backed up. "We gotta go, Vivian!" I turned to her and made a 'cut it' motion with my hands. "We gotta go." I repeated before dropping the mic and rushing off the stage.

"Here." Dana threw me my car keys and gave me a thumbs up. "We'll be right behind you, don't miss it Y/n."

"Not for the world." I called over my shoulder as I ran down the halls. A deep frown crossed my lips as realization settled in. They're a month early. An entire month. That's not okay, I saw the percentage of survival day for twins, let alone premature twins.

A deep sickening fear bubbled up from the pit of my stomach and I could feel it crawling up my throat. Just eight months ago I couldn't see myself having kids, now I didn't know what I would do if one of them didn't make it. Or they both didn't make it.

Oh my God.

I pressed down on the gas a little harder as I blatantly ran a red light. I cursed under my breath as a loud wailing siren blared behind me.

Not now, fuck.

I took in a deep breath and noticed I was five minutes from the hospital. Fuck it.

I looked in the rearview mirror and took in a deep breath. "Sorry mom." I muttered before pressing the gas to the floor and creating a gap between the cops and I.

I gripped the steering wheel tightly as he sped up as well. There was no way I was going to miss my childs birth for a speeding ticket, he could give it to me as I was walking into the delivery room for all I cared.

Cars started to part as they noticed my speed with the siren following. I could only imagine how this would look in the news. Most likely paps were following me and now I know they were gonna get a hefty check for this story. So...in a way I was helping them out as well right?

Once I saw the hospital in sight, I looked behind me and saw the cop coming closer to my rear, most likely to tailwhip me to make me stop. I've seen a couple episodes of Cops, I knew how it worked.

I did a 180 so he wouldn't hit my car and it sent him driving past me. "Oh shit." I chuckled and parked just outside of the hospital entrance. I rolled my window down and got my license and shit as he drove back over to me.

He quickly jumped out the car with a taser..a gun? I couldn't really tell but something was in his hands.

"Hands where I can see them!" He yelled as he edged closer to my car. I placed them on the steering wheel and breathed heavily. Okay now I was scared. He pulled my car door open and literally yanked me out.

"Okay wait listen-" He pushed me against my car and pulled my hands behind my back. My eyes widened as I realized what was going on. "W-wait my girlfriend is about to give birth and I'm sorry for not stopping but I can't miss it."

"Running from a law enforcement is a felony." He grumbled and pushed me further into the car.

I felt my breathing start to pick up and I looked around at the multiple people who had their phones up, recording.

"Hey hey hey, what's going on?" I thanked my lucky stars as Dana, Vivian, and Ellie ran over to me.

"Who are you?" He asked and clipped cold metal onto my wrist. I winced as he squeezed them tightly, the metal digging into my skin.

"I'm her manager and if you don't have a liable excuse than you can expect a law suit-"

"And an ass kicking!" Viv piped up before being calmed down by Ellie.