Chapter thirty eight

I flailed my arms around as I felt my body be submerged in water and I idiotically took in a breath out of impulse. Arms wrapped around my waist as I was pulled back up.

"What the hell?" I questioned and coughed up water when I reach the surface.

"You idiot. You fell into the water when you passed out." Viv said as she shook her hair.

"You jumped in after me?" I questioned with a small smirk. "Vivian O'Brien, you're my hero."

"Shut up." She shoved me and grabbed a towel. "Messed up my damn makeup for you." She huffed and walked away.

I looked around the backyard and noticed everyone watching me. I smiled and waved sheepishly before slowly making my way into the house before I felt someone grab my arm and pull me into the kitchen where there were less people.

"Hey bitch." I smiled widely as I noticed Nylah standing with a smirk.

"Ny!" I exclaimed and jumped up, koala bear hugging her. She grunted and stepped back.

"Jesus, went from hating me to climbing me. Babies do change people." I chuckled and jumped down.

"I never hated you. And how did you know?" She raised her eyebrow and pointed to someone behind me.

I looked over my shoulder and saw Ellie standing in the doorway like a deer in headlights with half a cupcake in her mouth.

"I couldn't help it ok?!" She spluttered before running off.

I turned to Ny and smiled at how happy she looked. Her eyes weren't dull like they were before, they were sparkling.

"So, how's San Fran?" Her eyes lit up even more as she went in depth of how amazing it was. She said how the art academy likes her work and even wants to put some of her art in the school gallery.

"How about guys? Find any bearded hippies that catch your eye yet?" I took her flustered state as a sign that she has. "Ooh, what's his name?"

"Um..his name is Jonah. He's a creative writing major and he owns his own blog." I smirked as a light blush covered her cheeks. "We uh we went on a couple dates over the weeks.."

"And how big is he?" Her eyes widened as she snapped her head up. "Like, is he your height, taller?"

"Oh I thought- he's a little taller than me but not by much." I chuckled at where her mind must've went.

"There you are, I was looking do you everywhere." I looked over as Vanessa walked into the kitchen, looking distraught. "How are you feeling? I tried to get to you when you fainted but you left so fast." She grabbed my cheeks and studied my eyes.

I held her sides and nodded. "I'm fine. It just shocked me a bit."

"A bit?" She snorted and leaned up to peck my lips. "We're having twins babe." I took in a sharp breath and nodded.

"Yeah..that's why I fainted ya know?" She giggled and connected our lips again. I raised my right hand to the side of her neck as I tilted her head.

"Vanessa!" Soneone called from the other room. She sighed and patted my upper chest twice.

"That's probably Kendall." I raised my eyebrows and tried to peek over her head but she grabbed my chin and forced me to keep eye contact with her. "No, you're not allowed to even look at Kendall today, 'kay?"

I nodded with a small smirk. "Okay."

She tapped me cheek as she backed away.

"Good girl." She teased and left the kitchen. I sighed dramatically and watched her walk into the other room to hug the brunette.