Chapter thirty four

One month later

"Come on, two more." I groaned loudly and used everything I had to pull myself up the pull up bar. "One-"

"I can't." I whined and hung down with my feet still dangling in the air. "How does this even help my leg? I'm using upper body strength."

Layla chuckled and held my waist ad she lowered me down.

"The weight around your left ankle is forcing your left hip to tighten and strengthen the muscle. Come try this with me." She flipped her blonde hair over her shoulders and pulled a chair in front of her.

"You want me to sit down?" I asked confusingly.

"No Y/n. I want you to get up using your left leg again." My eyebrows shot up in shock. "Remember? Like this." She sat down and pressed her hands into her left knee and leaned to the side, standing up. "I want you to purposely lean to the left and carry your momentum up and that way."

I sighed and sat down. "If I face plant again you're fired." She giggled and placed her hand on my lower back. I took in a deep breath and focused on leaning on my left foot.

I wobbly got half way up before my leg gave out and I was falling to the floor. I squealed just as Layla caught me.

"I got you, you're fine." She laughed and sat me back on the chair. "But you did so well! You're already gaining strength in your leg back. Try to move it."

"So well at falling to the ground." I leaned back in the chair and slowly lifted my left leg. My jaw dropped in surprise, I could actually move it. "Holy shit!" I lowered my leg and did it over and over again.

"Ok, don't pull a muscle now." Layla joked. "Do you want to try walking?" I nodded and jumped up quickly. She held my wrist and stood in front of me. "Slow at first." She stated and took small steps back.

I felt my forehead start to sweat a little at the strenuous workout I was doing. Never did I think I'd say I'd get so tired by walking.

"Look at you." She cooed as we walked around the room. "Is your leg cramping at all?" I nodded and bit my lip at the slight tug in my hip. "Ok, we'll call it for today." She smiled and walked me back to the chair.

"Hey guys." I looked up as V walked into the room with a wide smile. "How was therapy-

"Stop!" She jolted to a stop and stood by the door. "Stay right there." I looked at Layla and nodded her to help me up.

"You sure?" She asked and took a step back. I nodded and slowly put pressure on my left leg adding to the tightness in my hip.

"What are you doing?" V chuckled. I held my finger up and took one step, then another, then another. "Oh my God." She smiled widely as I slowly but surely made my way to her.

"That was so exhausting." I huffed and held onto her shoulders. She gleamed at me with her proud smile and pecked my lips.

"I'm so proud of you, babe."

Layla walked up and handed me a pair of crutches. "I think it's time for you to upgrade to something a little less grandma-y."

I grabbed the crutches and held them under my arms.

"Thanks Lay." She nodded and held the door open for us.

"See you in three days!" She called as we walked down the hall.

"You'll never guess who Dion brought back from Denmark today." V smiled widely as we started to the car.

I hummed before a small bark caught my attention. "Marley?" She nodded excitely and opened the door. The little pug who was now bigger jumped out and bulldozered to me. "Hey bud." I bent down and and rubbed behind his ears he stared to spin in circles as he breathed heavily.