ONE

Being deceitful gets you nowhere and telling half truths will always backfire on you. Be careful who you hurt it could ruin your life.

--yourquote.in

Isabella was fast asleep when her aunt Kimberly left for work. Kimberly was a beautiful woman in her mid thirties. It was still dawn, Kimberly hurriedly walked down the streets to reach her master, Mr. Nicolas Reynolds. Nicolas Reynolds was a kind and noble man who always helped his workers through thick and thin.
Kimberly was his one trusted worker and had been working for his family for ten years now. She was loyal to her master and served a job of housekeeper.

Kimberly was well educated and could do any job which would pay her more but she remained loyal to her master and did not leave the job.

After the death of her brother and sister in law, she had only one person left in her life. Her niece was her only family and she worked hard to raise her. At the age of thirty four she was still single and was allergic to love stories.

Why?

She was waiting in church on her wedding day when her fiance ditched her for another woman. Her white wedding gown with expensive diamond embroidery was of no use. She cried whole night till she passed out since then she was allergic to love and love stories.

Diamond embroidered wedding gown? But she was poor and served as a housekeeper. Right?

Well yeah! Her brother was once one into business. He had everything, a beautiful wife, a caring sister and a lovely daughter, whom he loved the most.

But, bad luck follows everyone's happy destiny. He was a successfull business tycoon and decided a merger with his childhood friend Bob Brown. They merged their business together in order to get more profit, unaware of Bob's fraudulent nature. Unfortunately, Bob's intentions were not healthy and he managed to get one hundred percent shares of The Martins Enterprises. Within fraction of seconds the he became pennyless. He could not bear the shock and died due to heart attack on the same day.

His wife Kimfy Jenner could not cope up with her husband's death news and she lost her senses. Their pad and penthouses all round the world were auctioned. Bob turned into a devil covered in an angel mask.

Kimberly managed to buy her sister in law her medicines but eventually she passed away as she couldn't bear the loss. Isabella was only six when she lost her parents.

Isabella was a young girl of sixteen now. She was pretty but never knew flaunting herself. Her eyes suffered the myopic defect which is why black rimmed eyeglasses were her best friends. Everyone in the high school ignored her. Nobody befriended her.

She was smart and an intelligent kid. She got admitted to New York's most prestigious high school under the eighty percent scholarship programme.

"Shit!" She murmured to herself looking at the window. The sun was up and she was still asleep.

Her eyes rolled around her room scanning every nook. She looked at neatly aligned books in her bookshelf. She slept while studying the night before and her room was messy too but now the room looked very tidy.

She rubbed her eyes and turned towards the table to take bottle of water. She saw a note from her aunt Kimberly there.

GM hun,

Don't forget to have breakfast before you leave. And I'm sorry I couldn't buy a dress for your farewell party. I ran out of budget.

Have a beautiful day ahead.

Kim

"I know why she didn't bother to wake me up." She sighed but then smiled. She very well understood the situation they were in and never complained.