Twenty Three

You are not a bad person for the ways you tried to kill your sadness.
ll
---------via h-o-p-e-faith-love

ALEX'S  POV

"It made me really happy, Mr. Reynolds. I'll see her." I spoke on my phone.

"Don't be formal call me dad or Nicolas." He said and it reminded me of something similar.

"Alright Nicolas. I'll go and talk to her. I really love her." I hung up and threw my iPhone on bed. As I turned to grab the water placed on the nearby wooden stand, my eyes landed on a pair of big hazel brown eyes.

"What the hell? You love whom?" She managed to shout controlling her sob. Her pretty face looked sullen.

"Hell Nancy! What are you doing here?" I asked her.

"I should be the one asking you that. What are you doing in New York? You should be in Hawaii." She was staring me without blinking.

"I wanted to talk to you that's why I'm here. Water?"  I asked as I filled the glass and gave it to her.

In an instance she threw the glass on floor and it broke into pieces. I sighed and walked to her.

"What wrong with you?" I held her arm tightly in rage.

"Leave me! You're hurting me." Tears rolled down her cheeks and I let go off her. I left her arm only to find a dark red bruise appearing.

"I'm sorry. I hurt you. It'll go away in two or three days." I said as she kept looking in my eyes with lot many questions.

"What?" I rubbed my forehead.

"Who were you talking about? Is it your girlfriend?" She asked.

God! why didn't she understand I didn't love her.

"Yeah, I've something to tell you."
Her face looked amused and she asked me what was it.
"Yeah, say."

"I'm getting married."

"W-H-A-T ?" She got up and held me by my collar. Nobody ever dared to do this to me. What the hell did she think of herself? I only respect her because she's a good friend but I never meant more than that. I never gave her any fake hopes then why was she behaving like this?

"Who is she?" She yelled on top of her lungs.

"Isa-Isabella." I gulped a lump and managed to say.

Suddenly I saw her expressions changing. She looked confused, like she was thinking something.

"Which Isabella? Tell me everything about her." Her eyes by now were Amazon river.

"Isabella Reynolds." I said stopping my mind from wandering.

"Calm down. See, Nancy I don't feel anything for you. Why don't you simply accept the reality?" I asked in frustration.

"Do you feel for Isabella? Or do you feel better inside her? Am I not enough now? Or is she making you come better?" She grabbed my face and started kissing me.

"I'll show you what I can make you feel." She moved her lips over mine.

Not again.

"Open your mouth." She commanded me.

I pushed her away and she was still crying hard. I felt bad for a moment but then I  wasn't allowed to console someone. I didn't want to understand anything. I didn't want to fall in love. Because it hurt more than death. I couldn't take it anymore. Her tears could never melt my heart.