Thirty Eight

The best kiss is the one that has been exchanged a thousand times between the eyes before it reaches the lips.
---------------The Khool Haus

ISABELLA'S  POV

My heart was so impatient. I couldn't wait anymore. I ran inside the hospital leaving Alex on the gateway where he was talking to a man who was distributing some pamphlets. I don't know what was so intresting about it that he stopped there. I looked back and saw him running to catch me up.

"Wait" He said making me stop at my place.

"Sorry...I just...I mean..I'm so exited to see him" I said breathing too fast to catch my normal breath.

We reached the floor where Eric was staying. I wanted to go and meet Dr. Clinton but my urge to see my baby overpowered and I ran to his ward. Alex went to meet Dr. Clinton for Eric's health details which made me really happy. He was trying hard to be his father when he was not. Only a few people accept other's child and Alex was one of them.

I saw him holding the surgery pamphlet and I wa ted to ask him about it but he turned and walked to the doctor's cabin. I supressed my urge and smiled. I was going to see my Eric. Even seven hours of being away seemed like a gazillion years.

My heart was dancing when I reached his room and I pushed the door open. I saw Eric dozing off. I went to him and put my handbag on the table. The blue color from his eyes disappeared andnmy baby looked beautiful but he had few scars near his brow. I kissed his forehead as a tear of joy made its way down my cheek. My baby was so afraid of injections and yet a drip was attached on his hand. I could feel all of his pain. He opened his eyes as my tear fell on his cheek.

I touched his cute little face after a week now and the antenatal bond between us made my heart cry. I could see him staring at me. His big blue eyes looked cold grey. I could feel his misery. He had to suffer so much at this young age. Even with his intense cuteness, God did not show any mercy on my child. My baby was full of wounds and I couldn't wait to see him heal fully and run into my arms.

"Eric" I wisphered.

He kept staring at me while his little hand made its way and carrassed my cheek wiping my tears away. He smiled a little.

"Mama.." He said little blurred. I missed him call me mama. I could help my tears from falling.

I kissed his little palm. I remember the day when the nurse gave him in my arms when he was born. I was so happy and with one smile he erased all my pain.And that day I promised my son that I'd always take care of him. But today I lacked somewhere which resulted in making him end up in a hospital bed.

"How are you baby ?" I asked him carrassing his big brown hair.

He smiled widely and closed his eyes.
"Did you forgive me mama ?" He asked in his cute little voice. I missed his voice so much.

"For what ?" I asked him.

"I cut your dress...I was thinking of copying you but then you hit me..." He said slowing not being able to move his jaw much.

I hugged his little frame and kissed his nose. " I'm sorry baby. I won't hit you and now don't punish me okay" I kissed his cheek.

"I did not punish you mama" He said closing his eyes.

"Shush...don't speak much.." I put a finger on his lips making him shush. I looked at my finger on his lips and blinked twice.

The door opened and Alex came in and joined us. He smiled looking at Eric.
"Hi Champ" He said.

"Papa..where were you?" Eric asked him.

"Shush..don't talk much" I reminded Eric.

"I'm back..but you decided to shift here..away from me." Alex made a puppy face and Eric laughed.