Twenty One

True friends aren't the ones who make your problems disappear. They are the ones who won't disappear when you are facing problems.

-----Quote Ambition

ISABELLA'S  POV

"Freaking cupcakes! What did you say?" Erin yelled in disbelief.

"Yeah..I said yes for the wedding." I shook my head in despair. Her eyes held shock but lips curved to give a beautiful smile. She hugged me so tightly.

"I'm so happy for you!" She squeezed me tightly like I was an orange in juicer. "I wish I were happy too." I murmured.

She broke the hug and held me by my shoulders.

"By the way who's the guy? Do I know him?" She winked teasing me.

"Hmm." I nodded.

"Wow! So, you decided to fall in love with someone I know and you didn't even bother to tell me?" She complained.

"It's Aoran." I smiled sadly.

Her eyes showed she was a little bit surprised. She looked frozen, her mouth dropped into an oval shape. I shook her and she gulped a lump of saliva.

"What happened?" I asked her.

She looked like as if she was not happy.

"You mean Aoran Collins? Your friend?" She asked.

"Correct." I took out some of my clothes for laundry and put them aside. She was not replying. Was she okay?

"Erin?"

"You're marrying him?" She asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, but what's wrong with you?"

"Umm..nothing..well he's really so damn hot." She gulped and gave a big broad smile. She was always very naughty.

"You love him, right?" She asked looking very concerned.

"I don't know."

"What do you mean? Then, why are marrying him?" She held my wrist stopping me from picking up the tee that fell on ground.

"What now?"

"Answer me Isabella. Why are you marrying him then?" She gripped my hand tighter.

Wtf ! She's behaving different.

"Why do you want to know that?" I asked her and she remained silent.

"Tell me. I am your friend." I asked her again.

"It's just that I don't want to see anybody unhappy after the wedding. You know what I mean, right? I don't want Aoran to expect that you'll love him because I know you love that asshole boyfriend of yours who never came back, not even to see you once." She blurted out loud.

And yeah, she was right. I can't ruin Aoran's life, right?

"It's beacuse of Eric. He wants a daddy." I spoke in low voice.

"I know that. But think again about it." She picked up her bag and went out of my room.

"Hey! Erin!" I shouted running behind her.

"What?" She yelled.

"You're such a coward, Isabella" She frowned.

"I am but I'm really sure about the wedding. I know he'll keep us happy and uncle wants the same."

"Wow! That's really so good. If that's what you want then I'm always there for you." She smiled coldly and left for her home without even hugging me.

What was wrong with her? When I told her about the wedding she was happy then suddenly her mood changed to sour.

May be PMS. She always was so moody.

I asked the housekeeper to take the clothes from my room for laundary and I picked up my sketchbook. I closed my eyes and I saw a girl coming down the aisle in a beautiful bridal gown. I opened my eyes and started sketching my imagination on the paper. It was really beautiful and I decided to design the gown.

"It's beautiful." It was uncle Nicolas' voice. I looked up and he was standing in front of me.

"Oh! Hi uncle!" I smiled.

"You look beautiful. Did you get a new haircut?" He asked and I nodded.

"It looks good on you." He pecked my forehead.

"Oh! How was your meeting with that client of yours?" I asked remembering he left in a hurry in the morning.

"Oh don't say client! He is very very important one." He said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah, he's your fiance." He laughed.

Aoran and with him? But he never told me about any meeting with uncle. Besides both had different type of businesses then why?

"Oh!" I managed to say.

"He wants the wedding to be soon." He said with a smile.

"Okay." I remembered Eric asking me about his dad everyday so I was quite okay with everything.

"Is it fine with you?" He asked me again.

"Yeah, I don't have any problem as long as you are here for me."

"I'll always be there for you Isabella" He smiled widely, patting my hair lightly.

"So when is the wedding?" I asked him in a sad tone. He might have discussed it with Aoran already as he wanted the wedding sooner.

"Why are you sad?" He asked me.
"I don't want to leave you so soon uncle." I hugged him.

"Well, we have a week. You can spend as much time with me as you want." He smiled and patted my back.

A week? Has Aoran gone mad? It was too soon.

"He wanted to meet you, Isabella. Tell me, whenever you feel like meeting him." He said. Why did Aoran ask him to meet me? He could have called me. I frowned but nodded "I'll tell you."

He left the room and I stared at the ring on my fourth finger which was resting there since past ten years.

Isaa this is my tokan of love. I hope you'll keep it with you always. I remember Zachary's words when he kneeled down to slide the ring on my finger.

I didn't forget him in these ten years. Could I forget him now?

No..my conscience replied on my behalf. But, I could.

"Mama, when is papa coming?" I heard Eric say, sitting on my lap.

When did he come? And when did he sit on my lap?

"Soon." I replied and hugged him tightly.

***TO BE CONTINUED***

Hii guys
Touch the star below.
Short update ! I know..

But next chap's gonna be a big one.

What do you think about Erin ? Is she a good girl or is she responsible for Isabella's miseries ?

What about Isabella's misunderstanding about whom she's marrying ?