Thirty Seven

IMPORTANT !!
Dont forget to read Eric's story..THE GIRL WHO BROKE ME

I'm sorry I get jealous somtimes thinking somebody could make you happier than I could.
---------Unknown

ISABELLA'S  POV

"Can we be..?" He stopped midways making me frown.

No ! No ! No !

"Can we be friends ?" He completed his sentance.

I looked at Alex but couldn't help going to the past when everything started with this 'Can we be..' and then...

I nodded "Yes..Of course" I said and ran back to my room wiping a drop of tear which made my cheek wet.

Everything was going smooth until he said those words. I had almost forgotten about Zachary but Alex made me go back to those memories again. He didn't do it knowingly but it felt like he sprayed pepper on my wound. I went back to my bed, hugged the pillow and prayed to god to shower all the happiness in Zachary's life wherever he is. All along my tears could not stop falling.

I closed my eyes trying to sleep and not remember anything. At times I wished I could erase my past and rewrite it but in reality it was not possible.

I married Alex so that Eric could get love of a father. He seemed very wicked earlier but he is way more caring now. I don't think I would ever regret my decision of marrying him. I don't know why but with him I feel like I'm home. It's such a warm feeling. He apologised to me today for what he said to me but if only he knew I forgave him long way back when he saved my baby's life.

I kept on thinking about Alex. His sharp jawline, his chiseled cheekbone, his ocean blue eyes, his black brown hair, the way he clenched his jaw when he used to compliment with pretty names, the way his fists were closed everytime he was angry. God ! Its just so crazy. I don't know ! I don't know when did I start noticing him. The way he held his coffee mug. He came so close me today that too twice, his thumb wiping my upper lip. I don't know why I felt different sparks each time he was so near.

The cellphone's ring broke my crazy thoughts. Omg ! I'm going nuts. I picked up the call.

"Erin..I was thinking of calling you" I said holding the phone close to my ear.

"Really ??" She asked.

"Yes dear..." I sighed.

"What happened ? Did that Mr.Billionaire did somthing wrong with you ?" She asked in a hyper tone.

"No...Calm down...He apologised for what he did." I said

"Really ? Thats creepy.." She said.

"Yeah..and we becames friends too. He is not a bad guy." I said with a smile.

"And sexy too" She added making my smile wider.

"Erin.. ! You won't ever stop being like that right ?"
"Right babe...So tell me what did you tell him ?" She asked.

"About what ?"

"Forget it...tell me what did he say ?" She said with exitement.

"Nothing Erin...I mean he's caring. I -I mean its so strange...I don't know if he's making up for the things he did one month ago" I said and exhaled heavily.

"C'mon girl...It's a sign. He likes you" She giggled.
"WHAT ? Are you crazy ?"

"Whatever you say . I know there's somthing in his heart. Well if you guys have started it..I mean your friendship, it means he wants the relationahip to work right ? That's why he asked you for friendship." She said in serious tone.