Forty Eight

The last time I felt alive - I was looking in your eyes. Breathing your air....touching your skin....saying goodbye...The last time I felt alive...I was actually dying.

------Ranata Suzuki

********1.5 month later*******

ISABELLA'S  POV

Somehow my organs were still working after going through another darkness. I don't know where he went and took away my things too. I don't know how he was and what he had in mind. I don't know what happened to him one and a half month ago. I don't know how his car reached the city outskirts. I know nothing.

"Mama...jam please" My eyes abruptly went on Eric who stole my attention and was asking me to hand him the jam bottle.

I applied a spoonful jam on his bread and he ate quietly. I sat with him in silence prayed for Alex to be safe and healthy.

"When is papa coming ?" Eric asked focusing on the wild berries.

"Umm..I don't know..but he'll come soon." I said looking away while he chirped with a loads of questions. Agin I was lying to him about his papa. What if he doesn't comes back ? What if he is already living with the mother of his own baby !

"Where is he ? Why is he taking so long ?"

"SHUT UP ERIC ! Have your breakfast and leave." I shouted at him in frustration.

He sat quietly and finished his breakfast and left for the school. I did not want to shout at him but he wanted answers to those questions which I myself didn't know. I was too frustrated and disappointed. I had tried way too much to find him. I showed up in his office wanting to see him but his assistant said he was out on a bussiness tour and will be back soon. I asked her for his location but she did not seem to reveal anything. She said that she had been asked to not to tell anyone about his whereabouts.

I looked at a big photoframe hanging on the wall. Alex looked so handsome in a blue blazer walking near the Cullen Constructions. Everytime I looked at his picture my heart covetously wanted to kidnapp him and take him away with me. But that was clearly not what he wanted.

I had a gut feeling that he was with Nancy but there was also a thought if anything happened to him

I had a gut feeling that he was with Nancy but there was also a thought if anything happened to him. I called Robin several times to ask about him and he always said nothing had happened to him and he was fine. I wanted to talk to Alex but Robin always said he'd call me once he'd be free from his meetings. Was he so busy 24×7 ? It seemed like he was completly uninterested in talking to me. It was clear to me that he didn't want me in his life otherwise he'd have shown his face in this one and a half month because leaving me without an explaination was a cowardice thing.

For once he'd have told me what he actually wanted I would have happily walked away with my baby but not telling me anything and disappearing like a gennie was not at all acceptable. None of his staff helped me. They always said one thing that he'd be back soon. When will that soon come ? After two more months ? After next six months or a year ?