Forty Five

There is somthing unusual about us. Somthing deeply spritual. The way we fall into one another so naturally like our love was carved of the earth. There are star systems bursting at our fingertips when we touch each other. We are in tune. Our heart croons the same old song. The universe planned for us. I knew it ! I knew it.

----Beau Taplin

ALEX'S  POV

I appointed the new driver to replace the old one and headed to the office. I saw Sabestian busy with some paper work. As soon as he spotted me he informed me about the Tanzanian clients who were very happy as the air travel agency was assigned to them. He was always one of the best bussiness advisor I ever had in my career of six years. I appointed him last year and since then he was always giving his best and we rose up in the bussiness. Not only his advices were the best but he was multitalented too with good looks and his so called dimples...pits.

I strode to the office and saw Robin in his normal bodygaurd suit with a bluetooth attached to his ear. I entered my office when my cell beeped. I took it out to check the message. The smile on my face disappeared as I saw it was from Nancy.

Alex will you please accompany me to the hospital ? I am not feeling well.

The thought that she was pregnant and not feeling well was quite scary. She was back to New York last evening as I saw an artical of her photoshoot in the newspaper. She was doing very well in her career and I was really very happy for that. I rushed back to the elevator with Robin following my steps. I rose my hand up and he stopped there. I wanted to go to her alone. I drove my black Porche to Nancy's place. She recently shifted to New York after I shifted my bussiness here. I don't understand why she doesn't understands that I don't love her.

I rang the doorbell but nobody opened the door. I tried few times when she came and opened the door. She looked pretty as always. But her prettiness never attracted me to her imstead I always wanted to push her away from me with all my might.

"Hi" She smiled.

"How are you ? You said you're not feeling well." I came straight to the point.

"Yeah...Come in" She said.

I tried to look everywhere and ignore her but I could feel her constant gaze on me from my peripheral vision. I took the place on couch adjacent to her.
"Would you like to have a drink ?" She offered but I shook my head.

"Go and get ready" I said and she nodded. She got up and started walking toward her room when her arm caught my attention which was quite scrached.

"Nancy wait !" I said making her stop at her place.
"Yes ?" She asked.

I stood up and walked to her. I grabbed her arm and she winced in pain.

"Sorry" I left her arm.

"What is this ?" I asked pointing to a huge scratch on her arm which looked quite old now.

"No..Nothing..nothing.." She panicked and ran inside her room to change.

I let my mind wander a little. How did she get that scrach ? I googled her name to find if anything happened with her when she was away or if somebody tried to molest her. But there was no such news. She came back and put my phone back to my pocket. She wore a loose maxi dress with full sleeves. I checked the time and we were about to leave when she felt dizzy and fell. I held her hand tight and lifted her waist so that the baby is alright. I made her sit on the couch and sprinkled some water on her face. She opened her eyes and looked around and then rushed away. I followed her and saw her throwing up in the washroom. I held her hair as she kept gagging and then fainted again.