Forty Three

Laugh when you can. Apologise when you should. And let go of what you can't change. Cry when you're sad. Dance when you are wasted. And stay out later than you should. Forget. Forgive. Love. And give everything with no regrets. Life is too short to be anything but happy.

-----------Unknown

ISABELLA'S  POV

The court hearing was scheduled for next month and till then I was freed on bail. It had been more than one week since I got bail and still no evidences were found which were on the murderer's favor.

Alex kept asking me if somebody was there whom I suspect but I always denied. He even had a point when he said that may be somebody was trying to ruin me. It can be the fact. Since my boutique was going well the other designer's might try to harm me to ruin my bussiness. But my inner voice denied listening to him.

I tried to divert my mind and focus on my work as only two days were left for the Tommy Hilfiger street fashion show. I was really so disturbed in the start because of Eric's accident and then my accusation but things were better now and life was going all smooth. Eric had started going to the school and was really happy to see his friends.

Alex was busy in his work and guiding the lawyer he booked for my case. I knew I was innocent so I need not pay attention to any shit happening all around but somehow things were affecting my work. I was not paying full attention on it.

I worked in the boutique till late evening as my work was still pending. But it was getting dark so I decided to head to home. Erin was already done with her work and she left without even saying anything. She was really behaving too weird these days. The awkwardness in her behaviour made me really worry for her but whenever I wanted to talk to her she'd make any excuse and escape out.

As I reached home. I saw Alex in kitchen making coffe. He looked too tired and different. His stubble looked big which gave him a griefy look. As soon as he spotted me looking at him he smiled warmly. He came to me with a mug of coffee in his hand and handed it to me.

"Tired ?" He asked.

"Yeah..kind of" I said.

"Same here" He smiled again.

I loved way he smiled and his eyes glittered everytime he saw me. I could feel a unique chemistry between us. I could feel the bond getting strong each day. Everytime he was home he played with Eric and talked to me which was enough to lead a happy life.

"So..what about the case ?" I asked.

"Still on the same side. No evidences found" He sad as he frowned in worry.

"I hope my lawyer finds something. He'd always been the best but I don't know what happened to him this time." He said sipping his coffee.

"Ah...that's okay. He'll find out something soon" I smiled.

"Where is Eric ?" I asked him.

"He's in his room. He's got so much homework. So he's just completing it."

"Oh-okay ! That's good atleast he's back to his studies now"

"Yeah..umm..I'll go and cook something. Housekeeper is on leave today as she was not feeling well." He said as he got up and streched his arms.

"Wait..you look tired. I'll see what I can prepare. Till then you go and relax." I said as I saw him yawning.

"You know cooking ?" He asked with a frown.

I looked at him with confusion. Obviously I know what was he thinking of me. I nodded at him and he went to Eric's room to help him with his homework.