Nineteen

She was constantly running away. People thought her to be insensitive and heartless...but it wasn't that. She was just scared, struggling with her fears, fighting to ward off the demons of her past. She tried a million times but couldn't get herself to trust anyone, ever again..so she ran.

-----Smriti Brar

Aoran's POV

It was the most beautiful night. I talked a lot with uncle Nicolas about Bella. He said that he felt the same way and agreed with me. He wanted all of us to do well.

"I think Isabella should get married." I said trying to fill up the silence that fell between us.

"I feel the same, Aoran. But she never pays attention to anyone. Besides, I am really worried for Eric." He patted my shoulder.

"You are a good man, Aoran. You were always there to support her. In all the tough times and happy moments you were always a part of her life." He smiled. I knew what he was implying.

"I'll talk to her." He assured me.

"Don't forget to ask her about what I said before." I smiled at him and he nodded.

***

It was Sunday evening when I called Isabella, wanting to know if uncle talked to her. Her voice was so
beautiful, that I almost forgot what I had in my mind.

"Hello?" She spoke from the other end.

"Bella, are you free tonight?"
I asked her.

"Umm..yeah!" She replied immediately.

"I was wondering if you would like to join me to a friend's birthday party." I tried to remain formal.

"Oh..that's a great idea Aoran I haven't spent time with you for so long." She chirped in a bubbly voice.

"Okay then...be ready at eight in the evening. I'll pick you up." I informed her hoping tonight I would talk to her on my own.

***

ISABELLA'S POV

Was my decision right? Should I get married? But how could I when I loved someone from my past?

No ! No ! No ! I didn't love him. I hated him from the core of my heart. There was not even a single trace of love left in my heart for him.

Yeah, I hated him.

Uncle was right I should move on for the sake of my child. He deserved all the happiness in this world. Just because of my selfishness I couldn't let  him suffer. I didn't want a same childhood for him.

I knew what felt like when people bullied you. It just makes you inferior and introvert. I couldn't play with the personality of my little child. He deserved to be with someone who would love him and guide like a father.

"Mama..where are you lost?" He shook my hand.

"Um...yeah...no, I'm here. Let's  put you in the bath." I smiled weakly and took him to bath.

"Mama, did you tell papa to come soon?" He asked innocently playing with the water.

I looked at the innocence on his face. He was too innocent to believe all my non-sense stories.

"Mama ?"

"Yeah, I told him" My lips moved and words escaped my mouth involuntarily.

shit !