Thirty

A little boy and his mother were crossing river.
Mother : Please hold my hand.
Boy: No mom...you hold my hand.

Mom: What's the difference ?

Boy: If I hold your hand and somthing happens to me, chances are there that I may let your hand go but if you hold my hand I know for sure you'll never let my hand go.

----------Quotespix.com

ISABELLA'S  POV

NO...Nothing can happen to my baby. Nothing can happen to him. Yes ! Nothing will happen to him.

I drove fast on the crowdy street, not caring about anything. Tears were coming out of my eyes non-stop. I begged god for my baby to be fine.

"Take anything god but not him. He should be fine."

I took deep breathe to calm myself down. May be I was panicing too much. My baby is strong. He'll be fine. He has to be for his mom. He is my only anchor in this whole world.

As I reached Apollo Hospital, I felt an aura of fear around me. My knees were not coorperating with my body. The smell of medicines and chemicals surrounded me and gave me an ill feeling. All the negativity overpowered and somehow I managed to ask the lady on reception.

"Is Er..Eric Reynolds C-Cullen here ?"

"Wait a second ma'am" She smiled warmly.

"Yes ma'am..In OT-5, fifth floor"

As she said OT my heart almost stopped beating. What had happened to him ? Why is he being treated in OT ? Is he injured that much ? My mind stopped thinking and flooded with every negative answer to all my questions.

I ran towards the elevator and dialed uncle's number. He was not picking up the call. I tried thrice but still no answer from him.

The elevator stopped at fifth floor and I ran out to check the signboard for OT-5. There were people sitting near each OT. Some were crying, some had their hands joined in melancholic prayers, some were happy, some looked gloomy. My feet stopped moving when I saw OT-5 on a signboard at my front.

A nurse came outside with a tray in her hand. I rushed to stop her.

"Hey..wait.."

She turned to look at me. She looked like an older nurse probably in her fifties.

"Yes ?" She said looking at me.

"I..I am Eric's mother..The receptionist told me he's here." My eyes were filled with tears.

"Oh..He's inside..The doctor is checking him" She said.

A feeling of relief swimmed inside me. Thank god he's not serious.

"He'll be operated in another ten minutes." She smiled sadly.

W-H-A-T ? Operated ? But why ? What happened to my baby ? My heart was ripping into million peices. I felt like I gonna pass out any second.

"What has happened to him ? Tell me" I shook her shoulders.

"Calm down miss. The doctor will tell you better. Meanwhile fill this form." She said handing me the form and left. It was the declaration for the operation. I filled half of the form hurriedly. The surgeon in light blue came outside of the OT and I stood up to look at him. When he located me he came to me.

"You might me the patient's family member" He said through his mask.

I nodded as a tear formed in the corner of my eye. I controlled myslef telling me nothing has happened to my son.