Forty Two

I did not want to fall in love or need someone. I didn't really want anything. But then you appeared and I started wanting everything.

--------Word Porn

ISABELLA'S  POV

They showed me my bracelet which was in my drawer till yesterday. I remember it was there and no stranger went in my room. I was so scared for Eric. Who was the person who tried to kill Eric and then killed the driver and manipulated with the evidence and put the blame on me. I heard Alex yell my name in the background but I was so shocked to give any response. I could hear him in blur but couldn't make out anything.

Mr. Sulz and his constable put me in the police van with my hands cuffed. I wanted to shout and tell them that I did not do anything but words won't escape my mouth. Knowing there was someone who wanted to harm my baby and I couldn't do anything but sit in the van and head toward the prison made my heart squirm.

I wanted to go back to my Eric. He was back after almost two weeks and I needed to spend time with him but god was not in my favor. I missed Alex. I was waiting for him yesterday night. I wonder where he was so late in the night. When did he come back ? I was waiting for him on the armchair but in the morning I was in my room. Tears filled up my eyes. I really missed him a lot. I didn't even get to see him properly. Everything was so shocking that I couldn't even think properly. I wanted to go to Alex's warm embrace. I wanted to feel that security which I got whenever he was near. I wanted to rush to him and tell him that I really liked him so much but I was going to the prison.

Does it means they'd hang me ? Or will they torture me ? What will happen to me once I'm put in the prison. Things were scaring me to the hell. I didn't do anything. I was innocent. I don't know how my bracelet reached there. I don't know anything. Somebody was messing up with me.

"Get her down" My thought process was crashed by Mr. Sulz's commanding voice. The two constables helped me to get down the van and took me to the interrogation room. I was made to sit on an iron chair in the middle of all white painted room, even the floor was tiled white. The aura of fear clouded my brain and I could see constables' lips moving but couldn't hear them.

Soon after Mr. Sulz came in and a camera was put up in the room to record my statements. I was so scared. I wanted to push all of them away and rush back to home.

"Mrs. Cullen it'll be better for you and easy for us if you choose to speak the truth" Mr. Sulz said in a sharp voice making me shiver in fear.

"I-I don't know anyth-thing..Please let me g-go.." I said with my lips quivering. I tried my best not to sound nervous but I was stammering way too much.

"If you don't know anything then why are you so nervous ?"He asked noticing my fumbles.

"I told you I don't know how my bracelet reached there or how it got the driver's blood stain on it" I said looking at him.

"Why would I kill him ? I was home all the time. You can ask my housekeeper" I said.

"Mrs. Cullen I want to hear the truth" He shouted making me jump a nibble on the chair.

"I am telling the truth." I said as a tear rolled down my eye. I knew what my introgators wanted to hear but I was not the criminal. How could I kill someone when I couldn't even stand seeing the blood.

"Well..We are leaving you here for an hour. If you make up your mind to say the truth then we'll not use any third degree on you otherwise..." He trailed off and left the room. The two contables picked up the camera and followed him. I was locked up in the room.

I was so drained out to think anything. I couldn't help but I remember Erin ruffling my drawer yesterday evening. No ! No ! I'm going wrong way. She can't do anything to me. Who could do this to me ? I- I don't understand, the thing which was at my place was found somewhere else. It was somebody else's task, the person who knows us better.