Twenty Seven

Mistakes are always forgivable if one has the courage to admit them.

-------Bruce Lee

ALEX'S  POV

I yawned and opened my eyes as the sunlight hit my face. My head was aching badly. I remember I got drunk way too much last night but my body had created a resistance for hangover for nearly a decade now.

Hell ! It was hurting a lot more. I touched the affected portion and realised there was a bandage dressed on my head.

What happened to my head? Did I trip down while I was drunk? I closed my eyes again and the memories of last night came in my mind in parts. My so called wife was crying and I was whole naked in front of her. She even hit me with the vase.

God damn ! Did I do something wrong with her? Why was she crying? And why was I naked? Why did she hit me? I must have done something. Did I create the same mistake again as I do when I'm drunk?

I hope she's fine and I didn't hurt her. But did I really try to do something with her?

Of course! That's why she was crying.

Did I force her?

May be I did but I was not that type of man. There was nothing to feel guilty for. She was a slut and now acting too smart in front of me, pushing me away so that she could trap me faking innocence.

Well! I don't care.

But, I'm not a bad person.

I can't really face her after last night.

But there's nothing wrong in touching your own wife, right? But she was my wife only on papers. I really didn't want her to expect anything from me. She was just a spoit brat of a wealthy father.

My thoughts were broken by a soft kiss on my lips. I opened my eyes abruptly and pushed the woman leaning on me away.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered yelled at her.

"I missed you so much. I came to see you." She said hugging me.

"Look, Nancy! I think you should concentrate on your work. It'll be better for you. By the way, why are you here so early?"

"I was missing you. Alex, just divorce her soon. Then we can start our family." She smiled.

"Will you stop dreaming our happily everafter? See! You are a very good friend of mine and I respect you. It doesn't mean you'll cross you limit." I glared angrily at her.

"Chill. First, tell me what happened to your head?" She asked touching it and making me whimper in pain.

"Don't touch it."

"I just slipped in the bathroom." I lied remembering my actions which led to this.

"Really? Does it hurt?" She asked.

"Okay, let's go to the bathroom and I'll push you then I'll ask the same lame question." I got irritated.

"Okay, I get it. I love you." She kissed my forehead with a sigh.

"Nancy, I'm sorry but I really don't feel anything. I am sorry. I love you, Nancy but just as a friend. I hope its clear to you." I said, getting up and walked toward the kitchen.

"Want coffee?" I asked her to which she nodded.

"So, where were you last night? You look quite dressed up and this make up?"