Eight

Kiss me. Hug me. Love me. The same quantity of those sweetest things I will return as soon as possible.
                                   ----Quora

ZACHARY'S  POV

I waited for her in the bus stop but she did not show up. My mom was not allowing me to take my bike as she feared I might get into another accident. I tried to convince her but she did not listen a word.

I checked the time. It was almost 9:00 AM. She was still not at the bus station. May be she left early today, I thought and took a bus to the academy.

As soon as, I reached the academy my eyes went to her desk. It was empty. She was not there.

"Damn! Where is she?" I scratched my head.

A fat girl around twenty went to the desk and started working on the file.

Did she leave the job?

Shit! It can't be that.

But why would she leave the job?

I was totally confused. I went up to the girl and she smiled looking at me.

"Good morning!" She chirped in her high pitched voice which deafened my ears.

"Where is the old receptionist?" I asked her.

"She's not well. She is on leave."

"W-H-A-T?" I saw her eyes widen.

"Okay." I said and left.

I was not able to focus on my work whole day. What would have happened to her? A fever or cold or a headache or may be stomachache. It could be toothache too.

Damn!

I hope she was taking care of herself. I was really getting worried. I took out my cell and dialled her number.

The number you are trying to call is currently switched off or out of coverage area. Please try after sometime.

The bot on the other line said. Her cell is switched off. What if she is not fine. I was getting paranoid.

My cell rang and brought me back to present. I checked the caller ID.

"Yeah Nancy!" I picked up the call.

"Hey Zach! I have a news for you." She said in her bossy tone.

Actually it was not her way but her usual tone.

"I'll come to you cabin." I hung up and walked to her cabin. I knocked and she asked me to come in.

"Zach. Come here." She said looking at a brochure.

I went near her desk and she got up. She looked very happy.

"You know dad is throwing a ball night tomorrow." She handed the brochure to me.

I looked at it.

ONLY COUPLES ENTRY

Was the first thing I read. The very first thing that came to my mind was Isaa and..I.