Thirty Two

When the old has to burry the young the sorrow is immense. It's like loosing your breath and never catching it again. It is a forever panic attack feeling your heart dying when your soul is screaming for them. And no matter what you do you continue to loose your mind.

--------------Pintrest.

ALEX'S  POV

"His platelet count is falling drastically. They said THEY CAN'T SAVE HIM. HE IS DYING" 

THEY CAN'T SAVE HIM. HE IS DYING

Robin's words kept running in my mind. I was loosing my sanity. No ! He is my child. Even if not in flesh or blood, he is bound to me with a special bond. I know I was not a good father for him. I left him here and went away. Never in my worst nightmare I wanted somthing like this ever happen to him.

Isabella and I reached Apollo and rushed inside the elevator. My heartbeats increased as we reached fourth floor. Just one more floor. I'll be next to him. He has to fight for us. He is a strong boy I know. He has to fight. He can't go like this. I'll privide him with the best doctors and medical faculities.

As the elevator door opened at fifth floor we rushed to the ICU. A team of doctors were already checking him up. Isabella went to the glassdoor and stood there quietly staring at Eric, who was lying on bed, breathing hard for life. I saw Robin standing near Dr. Clinton's cabin. I ran to him and he kept staring the floor.

"What did the doctor say ?" I asked him again.

"I told you" He said calmly.

"What else did he say ?" I whispered yelled at him not wanting to grab Isabella's attention and scare her.

"They said they have tried everything but his body is not accepting anything. His platelet count is continously falling which has worsen the situation and..."

"And what ?" He was scaring the hell out of me.

"And they cannot save him. All depends on al mighty. They provided him with best of the medications and best surgeons of NYC are treating him and they've already given up."

God please save him. Don't snatch him away from me. He always reminded me of my childhood days. God ! You can't do this to a little boy. He has to live. He has whole life in front of him. Not him god. Take anything but spare him.

I ran to the ICU door and saw the ECG graph. The parabolic graph was touching the maxima and minima. His heart was beating. Save this little guy god. I swear I'll become best father for him. I closed my eyes and remembered all the good memories with him. The way he kissed my cheek, it felt like my Isa was near me. The way he called me tall man always brought a smile on my stone cold face. The way he asked me for cupcakes for his dad. Everytime he smiled I felt like my inner self was blooming happy. Everytime I talked to him I felt how lonely I was after the death of my dad and I promised myself I won't make him go through that pain of not having a dad.

But today why was I in more pain ? It felt like my oxygen supply was cut off. It felt like my heart weighted more than my whole body. It felt like my heart was pierced with a sharp thron. It felt like nothing could make me feel better. Nothing in the universe could make me comfortable. I was so restless. My inner self was dying to hold him and talk to him. Why ? Why I felt so heavy ? That little guy lit a spark in me. The spark of getting attached again. Why ? Why I felt this way ? I never prayed to God in these ten tears but Eric made me bow again.

I opened my eyes abruptly when a sharp continous beeping noise entered my ears. I saw the doctors in hustle. Dr. Clinton was holding his pulse and then he looked at the electrocardiogram and left his pulse. The graph which was parabolic few minutes ago was now a straight line. My heart sank the moment I noticed it. No ! No ! No ! This ain't happening. The nurse removed the drip needles from his both hands. Dr. Clinton told her somthing and she removed the oxygen mask too. The guy who was fighting to breathe in few minutes ago was now lying on the strecher bed like a good boy, not even fighting anymore.